Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Pretty sure they are from people like PA who made other predictions like: Knuckle Controllers and the Pimax Kickstarter  will release on-time and take the world by storm before 2019.
😐

We’re still waiting for GearVR to take the world by storm or is it GO or is it now Quest or Rift S?

By "we" I think you just mean "you." As you sit there begrudgingly watching Oculus make VR moves. Carmack openly stated that GO was an experiment that turned out much better than expected. I don't think anyone ever said that it would "take the world by storm." That's hyperbolic language used by the same people that believe Valve is "drawing a line in the sand."

ParadoxAnomaly said:
I bet those with Pimax are happy with their headsets and don’t care others want to carry on with 95 degree GO screens for the next 3 years until that is the mythological CV2 comes to pass.

Right. Just like Vive owners were happy with their Wands yet literally spending years over-hyping Knuckles. Your ruse is over-played. You spend more time posting about "being happy" instead of actually being happy. No one who is as angry and bitter as your posts indicate is truly happy. That's not how happiness works. I've told you this before
😉

Have you decided yet @Zenbane what you’re going for? Rift S or Index?

There's nothing to decide until they are actually released. Index is getting the same type of endorsement as Vive Pro and Pimax 8K, so it will probably suffer the same fate. Rift-S may turn out worthy but I'm waiting until it's released and I can try it before I buy it; which I should be able to do at the local Best Buy or Microsoft Store. 

I am definitely getting Quest though, and I'll be happy with my lineup of: GO, Quest, Rift CV1 until something truly better comes along. Remember, unlike you I actually purchase products that I enjoy for reals. I don't purchase products just to go online and tell everyone that my product makes me feel like I'm better than everyone lol

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I suppose that depends if you champion quality or quantity (tho talking about quality on this crap forum software which has yet again mucked up the quote is kind of funny)

Agreed. Anyone who actually owns a PCVR Consumer headset and has actively used it for the last 3 years knows that there's nothing about SteamVR that "trumps" Oculus Home. But unless someone owns a PCVR product and uses it regularly, then it's all just theorycrafting.

kevinw729 said:
I have personally placed the PC VR community into five groups:

- No0bs - those that have not owned any of the systems and come fresh

That's what I call people who have strong online opinions about consumer PCVR without ever actually showcasing first-hand knowledge of PCVR experiences. Like... writing reviews or posting videos of the vast PCVR Library that they have mastered. Theorycrafting No0bs is probably a better phrase.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
vih10gbr95c2.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Techy111
MVP
MVP
This thread is a gnats whisker away from being closed and deleted and stamped on, enough willy waving or I'll close all threads where peace and harmony doesn't exist. Any users here who were banned will also be exposed in the very near future. Fair warned.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not going to be waving mine around cos it's a lot smaller than everyone else's 😞

Luciferous
Consultant
So Kevin have you tried the index? Are you allowed to say under a NDA?

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

So Kevin have you tried the index? Are you allowed to say under an NDA?

Even if I had I would not be allowed to tell you  B)

No worries anyway, by Wednesday you will have all the information you can handle....and more!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Luciferous
Consultant
I am a ordained priest though so by law you can tell me in confession ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

kevinw729 said:

bigmike20vt said:

Well however you slice it if you wanna talk content oculus (I suspect due to Facebook cash) are king there.
Would not access (control) of SteamVR trump that?

I suppose that depends if you champion quality or quantity (tho talking about quality on this crap forum software which has yet again mucked up the quote is kind of funny)

There's nowt wrong with the forum software, you're just pants  😛 😄 😛

This forum software is horrible and archaic.
It could definitely use a complete makeover.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

I’m basing Wireless inclusion direct from a Gabe Newell interview where he said wireless inclusion in future headsets. 

Guess we only have to wait till next Wednesday to find out. 

They would be insane releasing a wireless headset. It would add another $200-300 to the purchase price.

I certainly do not think it will be wireless.
Going to take a tethered PC to run all that greatness in a headset.
Or at least soon we shall know what it will have.