cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rFactor 2 with KartSim DLC = Lots of fun

I bought these a while back but only just got round to trying them out.

Framerates are excellent, graphics are good and the feel (to me at least) is very good, AI seems to be ok too. The rFactor interface is a little clunky, there's a launch screen on the monitor followed by an overly large 2D interface in VR and the Oculus reset view doesn't seem to work but backspace does (not indicated in any control setting). On the plus side, my G25 was recognised and worked without having to mess with any turn scaling or button reassignments necessary. I think I just need to play with the FFB settings though to get a little more feel from kerbs if possible.

I bought this for Buckmore Park kart track as this is the only track I've karted on and it was a blast (in real life and in VR). Thoroughly recommend this, rFactor 2 is currently £25.79 (I got it for £12.89 in a sale) and includes 33 cars and 19 tracks and the KartSim DLC was £17.82 & still is I believe and includes 2 karts and 3 tracks.

If you've ever been to Buckmore Park or intend to go, this is a must, feels very realistic and I really think it could help your times or bring back some memories.

11 REPLIES 11

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
What's multiplayer like if it even has it?

It has multiplayer @RedRizla but apparently not much on-line participation. It may be the case here that you need friends to play on-line.

Or maybe an event organised here!

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Karting is awesome in VR!! And Kartsim in rFactor is really good! A bit sad they only did three tracks and one kart though..

Another kart sim I really recommend is Kart Racing Pro, here is my first vid of it:
https://youtu.be/x1OX8dQRvZ4

There is no IA in this though sadly, so you need friends to race with, or join a league.. . But it's really good!
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

@rVRcloset  I agree, I think I prefer karting in VR to any other racing. I'd have liked a few more tracks and karts but I think that particular DLC is just a by-product of KartSim's main business which is full simulators at about £10,000 ….

t3dvisrnacsp.jpg

….or coaching at £400 a day!! so in that respect I'm just happy to have the DLC (they give you 2 karts, the rental and a 125cc Iame X30). I'm pretty sure the rentals at Buckmore were 80mph 390cc Sodi karts when I was there but I'm not sure what the KS rentals are based on.

I also really like the karting in pCARS (there's a 125cc kart and 250cc Superkart), I think pCARS 2 just has a single 100cc kart though.

That Kart Racing Pro looks pretty good so I may give it a try. I've also been waiting for KartKraft which seems to have been in development for ever, but I think finally went early access last November. It claims to have the most realistic physics for any karting sim but according to Steam is single player only, but maybe that's just during early access.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
That sim looks really sweet!! 🙂
Oh yeah, forgot about the rental kart.
And yes pCars 2 only have one kart, and sadly they never added the pits to the kart tracks, so you can't do race weekends in pCars2.. .
Kartkraft looks really nice, but physics is behind both rFactor and Kart Racing Pro.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Maybe we should do a little survey to find out how many people here fancy an online VR kart race and what sim they have... just a fun race, all comers welcome!

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Would be fun!
A bit sad sim racing is such a niche, VR is like made for it!..
The Closet Sim Rig

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

rVRcloset said:

Would be fun!

I think eventually VR will make sim racing not so niche. The resolution in VR needs to improve slightly for that to happen, but just like old graphics cards the resolution is slowly going up in VR. 

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

RedRizla said:

rVRcloset said:

Would be fun!

I think eventually VR will make sim racing not so niche. The resolution in VR needs to improve slightly for that to happen, but just like old graphics cards the resolution is slowly going up in VR. 

I hope it will! 
Really looking forward trying to race with the Rift S!  🙂
The Closet Sim Rig