cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Anyone have any idea when the prices for the 2080 will get lower? A year or so?

They came down a bit already esp when you consider the included game titles of a month ago. Imo we need a strong Navi that can give it a run for its money to really dent prices any time soon. Radeon VII can run it close but with no RT cores and prices the same as the 2080 there is nothing there to push prices down.
Monopolies suck but just like in the 8800gtx era that is what we have at the sharp end at the moment.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

toddlakes
Honored Guest
I think it is better to add some money and purchase RTX 2080 TI

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I dunno under £600 or £950 is a big difference. You can almost get a rift s with the saving and a rtx 2080 will smash it
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Luciferous
Consultant
I normally buy from scan. What do you think of these cards?

https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/gaming/gpu/2778/2779

I have no idea how I should pick one.

Plus currently my PC is now a little dated. Bought it with the CV1, so three years old now.

So its a 780TI with an Intel 7 4790K CPU @ 4GHZ (Quad core) I have a SSD and 16GB ram.

Now I could buy a new PC with a lower graphics card spec or could I buy a 2080TI and put it in this PC? Or do the RTX use a new kind of slot?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think there all to expensive 😛

Just make sure these Graphics cards will fit in your current PC tower. Also make sure a new graphics card isn't going to cover another slot that might have things like a sound card in them or usb card.

Luciferous
Consultant
Yeah made my eyes water. 

My tower is very big and the current cooling fan attached is water cooled (it was an overclocked TI) and huge. Hopefully should be OK. Sound cards on board.

I see there are the cheaper black editions there but if I am honest I have never bothered over clocking my previous cards myself.

Just wondered would it be worth adding a 2080TI to this PC. Depends on the index price though I guess.

I would like to keep the whole thing headset included to sub 2000. My ideal target would be 1500.

I was thinking of maybe this one:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-xc-ultra-gaming-8gb-gddr6-vr-ready-graphics-ca...

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I think that pc could take a 2080 no problem at all. Not sure about the 2080ti, probably that too but have never used a GPU that high spec

My advice go for the cheapest GPU in that class you can find that is using the better binned chip. Google for which chip is on which card. My understanding is of the card runs at stock out of the box it is using a low quality chip if it has any factory overclock what so ever it is using an a rated chip but do double check.

Luciferous
Consultant
Ok cheers mike. I think probably go for a new pc and card. Although it’s going to cost me dear, just had to agree to my daughter and wife going on holiday to an equal amount. Ouch.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@Luciferous hope that amounts to a 2080ti mate lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Luciferous
Consultant
Well there is the catch, whatever I spend now doubles the cost ?