New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos - FPS Action Horror Game

13»

Comments

• M.A.I.-SoldierM.A.I.-Soldier Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist

Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos - full release version 1.0 is now online in the Oculus Store

Of course we continue to collect your wishes and suggestions for further updates. So feel free to post in our forum. We hope you have a lot of fun with this indie title and wish you a lot of fun during the monster hunt ... see you on Stickney 2!

Enquiries: [email protected]

"Sprotzen oder nicht Sprotzen ... das ist hier die Frage" - Philosoph unbekannt
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player

Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos - full release version 1.0 is now online in the Oculus Store

Of course we continue to collect your wishes and suggestions for further updates. So feel free to post in our forum. We hope you have a lot of fun with this indie title and wish you a lot of fun during the monster hunt ... see you on Stickney 2!

The trailer in the Oculus Store looks great - I might give it a try later, thanks. And I do hope that performance using high levels of super sampling will be just as good as Evasion and Doom VFR ;-)

BTW - I'm not a fan of "floating hands" in VR game - like in for example Evasion arms feel so much better and doesn't break immersion - but of course arms may be much harder to make... Arms would automatically be one star in my review  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 941
    3Jane
    RuneSR2 said:

The trailer in the Oculus Store looks great - I might give it a try later, thanks. And I do hope that performance using high levels of super sampling will be just as good as Evasion and Doom VFR ;-)

BTW - I'm not a fan of "floating hands" in VR game - like in for example Evasion arms feel so much better and doesn't break immersion - but of course arms may be much harder to make... Arms would automatically be one star in my review  ;)
    It is like Doom - quite a lot of fun even if the controls are not those we are used to by habit.  It is fun, frantic at times and has some very good sound effects.   I bought it in Early Access and still jump back in for a bit of mayhem.  It isn't as  'polished' as bigger studio games but that doesn't detract from its retro-gaming feel.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited January 12
    I tried it again, but things have got worse - I still can't pick up that first shotgun (I can use the pistol or whatever weapon we have to start with, and I can swap hands with it) but now I can't even move it.

I'll do a complete reinstall, as it's holding on to bits of pre-release game that I'm probably best rid of.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 12
    Brixmis said:
    I tried it again, but things have got worse - I still can't pick up that first shotgun (I can use the pistol or whatever weapon we have to start with, and I can swap hands with it) but now I can't even move it.

I'll do a complete reinstall, as it's holding on to bits of pre-release game that I'm probably best rid of.
    We haven't changed anything about that. For us, this error is also not reproducible. But if you pick up the shotgun bring it first to your body and drop. Maybe reconfigure the Oculus Rift again. A new installation will probably not help(?!) but please tell us. We are planning a new update today or tomorrow. Maybe you'd like to wait with the reinstallation until then.

Okay, I'll do that

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    Okay, I'll do that
    Update Round 12 is now available. 

No change - in fact, I can only shoot things, I can't interact with anything.

I won't be doing a reinstall or re-setup of my Rift, as that is clearly not the issue. I play a number of VR games and this is the only one with this issue - in fact I don't have any control related issues in anything else, so I'm sure my Rift and Touch are just fine.

Never mind.

Hiro Protagonist
    There's a bloody Valentine's Day discount for Dead Moon - Revenge on Phobos - (19% off)... Cheerful monster slaughtering

• feelrealfeelreal Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    The atmosphere and monster design looks quite cool  :)
    Virtual reality will feel so real...
    ...with Feelreal  <3 

Pre-order World's First Multisensory VR Mask on Indiegogo now:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/feelreal-the-world-s-first-multisensory-vr-mask--2

Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 15
    feelreal said:
    The atmosphere and monster design looks quite cool  :)
    We 3 it too! Dead Moon is not only a FPS ... it is a "sprotzendes" VR spectacle. 

Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 18
    Great gameplay from Sandoa & Vlaeg VR with Oculus Rift. Check it out and get new impressions from Dead Moon.

We  3 VR gameplays!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9XngVQTEfOI2Jova2Tg6TA/videos

Hiro Protagonist
    Hello monster hunter buddies,

new update ist online! Notes on our hompeage

Hiro Protagonist
    Nice gameplay from GamingLadiNici of the first episode Dead Moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px6TIYQbrwQ

• SJD1969SJD1969 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Upcoming Update Round (No date yet): We have some new content for you. The rotten Stickney 2 moon base is sinking more and more into the caos of the monster hordes.

What other new content do you want for Dead Moon - Revenge on Phobos? Is the interactivity during the game enough for you etc.?

How about adding more "Dead Space" type of dismemberment (shoot legs off and they crawl towards you, etc)?
    Hiro Protagonist
    If you are still searching for a VR easter egg then take a look on on our Oculus Store page

Hiro Protagonist
    We are pleased to present the first new content of the Update Round 14.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
    We are pleased to present the first new content of the Update Round 14.

It does look great. Would be even more awesome with arms and not just hands, like in Evasion. I've never been a great fan of floating hands and guns, but I'm aware I might be asking too much ;-)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Hiro Protagonist
    RuneSR2 said:
    It does look great. Would be even more awesome with arms and not just hands, like in Evasion. I've never been a great fan of floating hands and guns, but I'm aware I might be asking too much ;-)
    Thank you. We like also long VR arms but even more big VR explosions ;)

Hiro Protagonist
    Some new pictures and details for you! 

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 941
    3Jane
    Dead Moon is still one of those games I pick up and play just for the fun of it :)  The last few months have seen improvements so all is well!
    Keep up the good work!
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 26
    And another great gameplay from Sandora & Vlaeg VR that we would like to support (This Dead Moon T-shirt just looks great :#).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81tTrqTAlA&feature=youtu.be

Hiro Protagonist
    A very hot Schmankerl today! Two screenshots from our upcoming 5 episode. 

Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 13
    You want to blast more monsters into pieces? We're working on it.

This is where your nightmare will begin! Look forward to EP5 and new content.

Hiro Protagonist
    Announcement Update 1.1 Patch Notes

bhttps://indiedb.com/members/mercuryaerospacevr/blogs/announcement-update-11-patch-notes…

Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos- a #VR Sci-Fi FPS. We 3 new content!

Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 12

Now online on Oculus Store! (As Version 1)

Update 11

Hello monster hunters,

there is brand new content! We have put the first level of Episode 5 into this update as well. The level offers you a lot of variety and will probably give you some frightening moments. We'll be releasing more new Episode 5 content as soon as possible. Thank you to the community for reporting issues and suggesting improvements.

Reload the shotgun and let the monster hunt begin!

Update Highlights
    - A brand new playable level of Episode 5

- New 3D Designs

- And of course more blood and explosions

Explosion

General

- New dynamic step volume of some enemies
    - Game instructions in the scenario level for the new monster hunters
    - Extended episode selection in the scenario level
    - Dynamic "green gold" liquid
    - Performance improvement through new modular level structure (Not yet implemented at every level)
    - New textures for various objects
    - Night sky final boss, Episode 4
    - Dynamic light sources
    - New environmental sounds

Bug fixes
    - Collision adjustments
    - Handling holobutton on the lootboxes (already with the last update)

Known Bugs
    - When leaving the elevators, there may be short-term problems with acceleration. Please teleport a few times.