cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - release date, super LEGIT official news - OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! :)

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Good news guys! This should put your fears to bed, apparently someone I know that's married to one of the cleaners at Oculus studios says he walked past the development department and overheard them talking about the new Rift S which is due to be announced in October 2019 with a release date Q3 2022. Please don't say anything to anyone as he's only just got the job last week Tuesday and he's worried he'll get fired if anyone finds out about the leak, plus I promised him I wouldn't say a thing!!

He said they were talking about the specs and that they mentioned the FOV been slightly smaller at 70 and the refresh rate been underclocked to 54hz for a peanut-butter-smooth-stable-frame-rate, but don't worry because apparently there's a boost features for fast twitch games like Robo Recall and Beat Saber. If you enable boost feature your FOV moves up to 140 respectively and your refresh rate moves upto 350hz which actually matches my Sony TV so that's cool.

Also it's going to come in a bunch of different colour options as avid fans have took to twitter claiming due to colour blind users who were tripping over their Rift's when left on the floor (Who leaves their Rift on the floor? Madness!) we should have a wide variety of colours available at launch such as blue, pink, yellow and green. Apparently the yellow colour is not sunshine yellow, it's more banana yellow which I don't really mind personally as yellow was my favourite colour as a kid (I used to play army in the garden and climing trees and I'd always have a yellow t-shirt on and one time I got stung by a bee.)  And then they've said that we've got gold and ruby red coming at a later date which will be limited editions signed by Luckey Palmer.

Also it will unfortunately be tethered once again, but for all you guys and girls hoping the next addition of the Rift brings wireless don't worry as the Oculus store will later feature a new dash board where you can pre-order a new line of accessories for the upcoming Rift S and the first accessory available will be an in-house Oculus branded wireless receiver which you can neatly fit on top of your head with the 5GHZ bandwidth (proven to be safe despite what you see on YouTube) the wireless reciever will start at £499 with a battery that last 2-3 hours or you can buy the pro version which comes with a larger battery and cost £699.

Also I've been told there will be no IPD adjustment because who even needs that anyways? If you want to adjust IPD just use software from Steam.

I don't know about you guys but I am like so god damn exited for Rift S, I almost wee'd a little bit when I was told me the good news!!! 

I've been running around the house like it's Christmas!! The only thing I could find that would calm me down is a DVD of Pumping Iron and a large bag of M&M's. I've done like 50 push ups and 2 hours of Beat Saber and I am still too excited to go to sleep!!! 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
14 REPLIES 14

Richooal
Consultant
I think @SkScrambledegg is using @SkScotchegg 's account. 😉
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Whoever it is they need to step away from the m&m's sharpish.......Too many E's
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Release date Q3 2022 for Rift S??
I'll have well and truly jumped to another device by then...

falken76
Expert Consultant
"Please don't say anything to anyone as he's only just got the job last
week Tuesday and he's worried he'll get fired if anyone finds out about
the leak, plus I promised him I wouldn't say a thing!!"

So you post about it on the very forums where your friend works?  This is a troll post for sure.....

ohgrant
Superstar
ylc5afc52lci.gif
idoaip6bs4oc.gif
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable
FFS close thread omg

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Rolz said:
Release date Q3 2022 for Rift S??
I'll have well and truly jumped to another device by then...

lp6536i4eaqz.gif

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LZoltowski
Champion
This is actually quite funny, mind you since it's a very well constructed bit of satire I am moving to off topic. But yeah .. nice.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
6pssfq37d9gd.png
Not to happy 😞

Be good, die great !