Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

I like the design though.

I definately agree. I hope I get a chance to try it out when it releases.

Be good, die great !

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Did you put in Nalexland? 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea, I said early on that the specs made 699 seem impossible to me but I had a glimmer of hope they might subsidize it heavy or have some kind of trick up their sleeve to keep cost down for more users. Oh well, my wallet's going to hate me but I'm still in lol. I paid 900 for my CV1 with all the cabling and extra sensors. Just glad it isn't Vive Pro absurdity.

kojack
MVP
MVP
One interesting feature on the store page:
"WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm associated with materials used in Base Station housing, power supply, and cables"

nalex66 said:

Huh. Steam page says "not available in your country."

Yep, same here.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I don't think it'll offer countries until available as it says coming soon.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

inovator
Consultant
20% better field of view optics that dont blow u away. High price. No inside out tracking. Oculus has no worries.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

Did you put in Nalexland? 

Valve only sells hardware directly in the US and EU (I'm in Canada). This occurred to me the other day when I was looking at the Hardware section on Steam--I can't order a Steam controller or Steam link, or even see what the prices are. They used EB Games and Amazon as retail partners for Canada, and I assume that I could get an Index it on Amazon once it's available to order. But, as I said, not at these prices for these specs.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Blimey that's not very friendly from steam is it. Why do they do that ???

kojack said:

One interesting feature on the store page:
"WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm associated with materials used in Base Station housing, power supply, and cables"

Would it be against the forum rules to suggest a former member would benefit from the purchase of said Base Station, power supply and cables?

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Already an hand on Index video out as well:

Havent watched it as im watching F8 offcourse.

Be good, die great !