cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook F8 event Discussion Megathread

LZoltowski
Champion
91rexl2azawm.jpg

Hey folks you know the drill, F8 is happening, this thread is for all the discussions, updates and news from the event.

Facebook is set to release both the Quest and Rift S at the event.

The event will be live streamed and can be watched here:
UPDATE: NEW LINK TO WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FacebookforDevelopers/videos/

Here are the times for the live stream:
San Francisco: 10AM
London 6:00 PM
New York: 1:00 PM
Moscow: 8:00 PM
Berlin 7:00 PM 
Tokyo (May 1st) 2:00 AM
Melbourne (May 1st) 3:00AM
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered the Rift S on Amazon. Still deciding about Quest, maybe I'll get that later on. In any case, I spent the morning camped out at Best Buy on the hopes that they would launch today. Got there about 30 minutes before opening and chilled in my car. After getting in the store they told me there were setting up the Rift display, so it looked like they might have had some inventory, but alas it was just non-working display units and none for sale. Oh well.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I was going to wait for Valve Index but I'm too excited so I've decided to pre-order too. Does anybody know the best place for me to order in the UK?

EDIT: And do we get any free games with Rift S like we did with our Rift CV1?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

EDIT: And do we get any free games with Rift S like we did with our Rift CV1?

Ive been looking around for rift-s/Quest bundles info. No luck so far.
Be good, die great !

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Found this for Quest:

Our launch lineup includes 50+ titles that run
the gamut from fast-paced shooters to pass-and-play social games. Your
Quest comes pre-loaded with five exciting preview demos you can play
right out of the box:

• Beat Saber (Beat Games😞 Keep the beat as you slash through the cubes. This demo includes a tutorial and two songs in different difficulty levels.
  • Creed (Survios😞
    Become Adonis Creed, fighting to establish your legacy in the ring and
    beyond. In this demo, you’ll have one match to face off against a
    challenger in the ring.
  • Journey of the Gods (Turtle Rock Studios😞
    Play as human or god as you collect items, earn upgrades, and fight
    foes in this visually stunning title. With three difficulty levels, this
    demo features condensed versions of the tutorial and first boss fight.
  • Space Pirate Trainer (I-Illusions😞
    Fight off relentless waves of droids with all the weapons and gadgets
    you'd ever need as a Space Pirate. This demo lets you play through the
    first action-packed wave and challenge the first boss.
  • Sports Scramble (Armature😞
    A zany, fast-paced twist on traditional sports, this demo lets you play
    a tennis match against either an AI opponent or your friends and family
    in two-player online multiplayer.
Demos only it seems .

Be good, die great !

Digikid1
Consultant
$700CDN for the Quest!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

WAY overpriced.

CrashFu
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

WAY overpriced.

Woah, that's like... *consults google* ... a whole $135CDN above the actual conversion rate?  (Assuming you're looking at the base model and not the one that's $500USD?)

Did something bad happen to Zuckerberg the last time he was in Canada, or something?  You always seem to get it rough when it comes to pricing. 
:confused:   
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Digikid1
Consultant

CrashFu said:

Digikid1 said:

WAY overpriced.

Woah, that's like... *consults google* ... a whole $135CDN above the actual conversion rate?  (Assuming you're looking at the base model and not the one that's $500USD?)

Did something bad happen to Zuckerberg the last time he was in Canada, or something?  You always seem to get it rough when it comes to pricing. 
:confused:   

1dyxow6hcmoc.jpg
I was looking at the 128GB version thank you.....and the Oculus site detects what country you're in and gives you the price in that countries currency...

And if something bad did happen to ol Zuck......I would be dancing in joy. 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

god_alom
Adventurer
I love mark zuckerberg.

kojack
MVP
MVP
The australian price of the 128gb quest, $799au, is equal to $754cad or $563us.
That's slightly worse than the usual "1 euro = 1 dollar" conversion europeans often get.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup 399 dollars to pounds is about 305 so a 94 quid mark up for the UK on the 64gb version and rift S  😐
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.