New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,047 Valuable Player
    Dear Oculus, one of the Mods on your official forums has changed the name of this thread which has made my post above look like I'm more than a little insane. Fuck you, I'm going to talk to the voices I hear in my head instead.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,428 Volunteer Moderator
    I can make a sexy lingerie try before you buy thread just for you @snowdog pics allowed ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• jakob.fallesenjakob.fallesen Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have ordered the Rift S, newbie here. :smiley:
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    I have ordered the Rift S, newbie here. :smiley:
    Welcome :) you are in for a treat, I'm sure :)
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • SpiceLife72SpiceLife72 Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    Rift S pre-ordered.  Sold my Rift to my nephew for £260 at the beginning of the year.  Selling my Nintendo Switch now do not play that anymore.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 554
    Neo
    Rift S pre-ordered to replace the WMR Dell Visor which will be winging its way to the second had shop this week.....goodbye old friend.
  • kaanaslankaanaslan Posts: 107
    Art3mis
     Rift S Pre ordered from Amazon Germany. 
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Quest 128 and case. I hope to be able to use my Go to put friends in multiplayer games with me.
  • SnyperiffSnyperiff Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Rift S pre-ordered - delivery 24 May ...
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    edited May 1
    128GB Quest. I keep running out of space on the 32GB Go, so this time I'll start with the biggest option.
  • Chuck_SkyWalkerChuck_SkyWalker Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I pre-ordered the 128GB Quest.  At first it said, "Will ship by May 21st." Then when I ordered it, it said, "Will ship by May 22nd." I hope I went the right route ordering directly from the Oculus site.  I would hope that I have the unit on the 21st. Any word on how to track the package from this site?
    Did the same to me. Said 5/21 , but when I finished my order it said ships on 5/23...  ohh well waited over 6months, a day or two more isnt gonna break me....
  • Chuck_SkyWalkerChuck_SkyWalker Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I order the Quest 64Gb unit a couple of hours after I recieved the email about the preOrder... 😎👍
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    My rift S from Oculus now knocked back to 23rd May. Pooh!! Cancelled the order and ordered from Argos £399, free del on 21st May and used my Argos card on 9 months interest free credit. Oh yeah, 2 yes 2 year guarantee. 
  • lensfortlensfort Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I ordered mine about 30 hours ago and the $$ still hasnt been taken from my bank account. Anyone else the same?
    If ordered from Oculus then payment won't come out until they send for delivery.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• edmgedmg Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    Yeah, get ready for constantly checking the credit card company website for the pending Oculus charge so you know they're getting ready to ship :).
  • DTHDTH Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    I'm already checking my Amazon order page. :)  I do not want to look at my Dept. Card on my Bank's Page.  :#
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Seems like another benefit of buying from retail partners; Paid for my Best-Buy preorder up-front, it took a couple days to process but it's over and done with now.

Which means I can put the 5% cash-back my credit card offers towards one of those fancy launch titles (if any of the big ones aren't included free anyways)
    :grin: :+1:
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • CGH001CGH001 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I've just ordered a Rift S from Oculus - the date said May 24th but it's only a few extra days to wait :)
  • kaanaslankaanaslan Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    I hope I didn't make a mistake by selling my Rift and pre ordering Rift S while the Valve Index has also being announced with some great features. (Not perfect though)
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,527 Valuable Player
    Yeah so...

People are already starting to receive their Oculus Quest orders! FML!

I just got the Oculus Quest I ordered. WTF? Wasn't it supposed to ship on the 21st?

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Oops Florida Walmart shipping them out  :D

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    If I end up getting a text from Best Buy saying that my Rift-S is ready for pickup early, I might actually call off work that day.

Is it normal for them to process payments for Pre-Orders a day or two after you place them, or are they like Oculus and not charge you until the product is on its way?  HMMM.

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,720 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Dear every Walmart apart from Florida, I haven't got my Oculus Quest yet. Fuck you, I'm moving to Florida.
    Uh please don't...
    B)
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • J-FlyJ-Fly Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I ordered the Quest and can’t wait to throw the Go in the trash. That case is enticing. 
  • PEVO72PEVO72 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 3
    Only tried vr one time back in the 80s.  Graphics equivalent to pong.  Was still amazed back then.  Have been waiting 40 years for this!  Ordered the Quest 128gb and the case.  "Shipping by 5\21" .  Would have ordered "the headphones" also if they were available.

• CongratulationsCongratulations Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    I pre - order the 128gb quest, it’s nice to have a full set go, rift and quest. Also it would be nice to have it early to also that won’t happen.