Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unboxing Rift S vid

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Enjoy 😉

https://youtu.be/FMbgFRCfd2w
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

11 REPLIES 11

god_alom
Adventurer
Yes now get an Oculus quest unboxing.

Neokin
Adventurer

Yes now get an Oculus quest unboxing.

Here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtEqps5mk1E

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Great hands-on video of the Rift-S. The pass-through feature is very alluring!

I still plan to wait to demo the Rift-S before buying it. But I am getting closer and closer to making this a must-have item.

That lack of integrated audio tho...

The comment about the new Touches feeling more responsive doesn't surprise me. The range from Touch to camera is less for inside-out than for cameras on walls, so I'm thinking why not more accurate and responsive because of this.

Occlusion seems to be minimal and if he's going to be using the S over CV1 then I'm good.

Edit: agree with audio, Oculus shouldn't waste any time getting headset accessories out.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

The comment about the new Touches feeling more responsive doesn't surprise me. The range from Touch to camera is less for inside-out than for cameras on walls, so I'm thinking why not more accurate and responsive because of this.

Occlusion seems to be minimal and if he's going to be using the S over CV1 then I'm good.

Edit: agree with audio, Oculus shouldn't waste any time getting headset accessories out.

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Touch... when you’re doing something like sculpting in Medium, having the controllers right in front of the cameras should mean better fidelity than my current setup, with the cameras near the ceiling in the corners of my room. 

It’s funny that the setup procedure doesn’t have you adjust your IPD setting, and that they took away the IPD calibration screen. New users with atypical IPD may have no idea why they’re experiencing eye strain.

I wish I could try the Rift S, but I’ve never seen a demo setup in Canada.  

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

No plans for stores selling in your area nalex?

Incidentally I've just ordered replacement ear cushions for my well-used Quietcomfort 3 headphones. I'm thinking on-ear phones have a much better chance of fitting over the halo than the over-ear phones he was trying to use.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

As far as I've read, in-store demos of Rift S and Quest are in the US only (at least initially). I've never seen any VR demo stations in Best Buy or Microsoft stores in my area, but I don't so a lot of retail shopping, so maybe there have been some and I've missed them.

I'm just going to wait for them to get out in people hands, and hopefully then there will be some good in-depth analysis of FOV and optics from other high-IPD users. It's not like I need a new PCVR headset right now, and in a few weeks I'll have Quest to play with.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

As far as I've read, in-store demos of Rift S and Quest are in the US only (at least initially). I've never seen any VR demo stations in Best Buy or Microsoft stores in my area, but I don't so a lot of retail shopping, so maybe there have been some and I've missed them.

I'm just going to wait for them to get out in people hands, and hopefully then there will be some good in-depth analysis of FOV and optics from other high-IPD users. It's not like I need a new PCVR headset right now, and in a few weeks I'll have Quest to play with.

I'm definitely scheduling a Rift-S demo, and will do my best to provide as in-depth a review as possible. For better or worse!