cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off Oculus Touch controller vibration?

Sirrah_NL
Honored Guest
Title says it all :smile:

Is it possible to turn vibration off, or set it to minimum?

(Playing DCS World here, and pointing at switches make the touch controller go wild. And, as you may know, the clickable cockpits have so many switches, the controller is constantly buzzing)
9 REPLIES 9

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
I wouldn't mind a button to shut them up too, even in beat saber 1st it eats up the batteries twice as fast and 2 it gets annoying on the long run. I know it's part of the immersion but like I said it would be nice to have a choice. And yeah I have good rechargeable batteries but still...
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Richooal
Consultant
I think controller vibration is a waste of energy, it does next to nothing except chew up battery power.
Touch Controller V2 needs to have a vibration on/off switch and a main on/off switch.

I've used my controllers for 5-10 mins, then put them in a draw. Over 2 hours later they're still on.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

seranrakan1995
Explorer

kobs57 said:

I wouldn't mind a button to shut them up too, even in beat saber 1st it eats up the batteries twice as fast and 2 it gets annoying on the long run. I know it's part of the immersion but like I said it would be nice to have a choice. And yeah I have good rechargeable batteries but still...

I've used my controllers for 5-10 mins, then put them in a draw. Over 2 hours later they're still on.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer

Richooal said:

I think controller vibration is a waste of energy, it does next to nothing except chew up battery power.
Touch Controller V2 needs to have a vibration on/off switch and a main on/off switch.

All of this could be done with a menu with (I think) minimal effort I'm not a programmer but a menu (on-off, dim) to control the vibration and power doesn't sound too hard to do

semanis
Honored Guest
I HATE controller vibration with a passion.   Please provide an option in the Oculus software to completely disable vibration of any kind.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
With the new upgrades in Oculus homes (peoples can upload home maps from anywhere now) some with a mile long staircases or in sections, very beautiful and detailed places but at every step the controller reacts, me and a couple of friends are calling these maps battery killers.

Off subject but I find it also funny that peoples can upload FAR better stuff(which is always limitless once it's in your inventory) than Oculus care to give it's members as rewards for being in VR,  kind of a bummer for new members to have to wait for "gifts" to furnish their tiny regular Oculus homes while more experienced tech savy peoples are coming up with village wide fully stuffed jaw dropping home places.

lucianomunoz
Explorer
yes pleasseee

S0leily
Explorer
Yea, I uninstalled a game "Gorn" because of controller vibration, the right controller is loudly and annoyingly buzzing when i hit someone to the point i literally uninstalled a game and never played it before, how hard can it be to add an option to the settings to turn off all controller vibration
I really hope that oculus does something with this problem since its primitive how such a primitive thing isnt taken care of

ItsMrPurpleTurt
Honored Guest
How is this not fixed yet?