cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Article On Star Citizen From Forbes

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-th...

I waved goodbye to the 30 odd quid I played for the thing years ago. Chris Roberts has done pretty much the same thing with Star Citizen that he did previously with Freelancer - poor project management and biting off more than he and his developers can chew.

The development of Elite Dangerous has made MUCH more sense. Start off with a basic amount of ships and a base game, release a full playable RC version and gradually update and add features to it.

Roberts hasn't even completed ONE star system ffs  😄
15 REPLIES 15

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I've always been a big fan, I've tried the alpha like 10x over the years but each time I try it I walk away disappointed and just uninstall the game. The game is so far from being finish it's crazy.

I hope they can provide a full game within next 2 years and I hope the single player version "Squadron 42" comes out soon too.

I've always had high hopes, it has a lot of potential but I just put it to the back of my mind now, I can't get excited about it anymore until it's finally released in full.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea, they got me for about 200 bucks too a few years ago. I was screwing around in the Alpha and decided to buy something bigger to screw around with. I also waved goodbye to that lol. Hope it comes out some day just for the backers sakes that spent a lot of money but I'm not optimistic.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some people that have spent THOUSANDS on the game too. That's just crazy money to give to Chris Roberts with his track record. 😮

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Why not just finish the planets and game before making ships? The article says they have completed 9 planets and are looking to do 100? So is 100 planets still the goal before they look for a full release of the game?

kojack
MVP
MVP
If they hired the founder of StarWraith 3D Games  (he made Star Wraith, Star Wraith 2, Star Wraith 3, Star Wraith 4, Arvoch Conflict, Arvoch Alliance, RiftSpace, Evochron, Evochron Alliance, Evochron Renegades, Evochron Legends, Evochron Mercenary and Evochron Legacy, mostly single handedly) then we'd be on to at least Star Citizen 3 by now. 🙂

The Evochron series has had experimental VR support, but the dev has been screwed over by the instability of SteamVR's API (things kept changing and breaking stuff) and that's tainted his enthusiasm. Shame he didn't go with the Oculus SDK, it's been far more stable since 1.3 came out 3 years ago.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Why not just finish the planets and game before making ships? The article says they have completed 9 planets and are looking to do 100? So is 100 planets still the goal before they look for a full release of the game?

They need to keep selling ships to keep the money coming in. They ran out of the money raised on Kickstarter years ago so they need to keep money coming in to either:

a) Finish the game or

b) Keep the developer's supplies of drink, drugs and whores going.

My money would be on option b).  😄