cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power bank for oculus quest

god_alom
Adventurer
Its well and good to pre-order a case with your quest, but isnt it necessay to get power bank to support your oculus quest.
I, myself have a 3200mh power bank to pump more juice into the go, and even though I havent pre-ordered a quest,  I am preparing. I even have a belt pouch to support it.

What do you think? Is it worth puchasing?
4 REPLIES 4

god_alom
Adventurer
Admin delete thread. Didnt realise there was another thread  regarding portable power fot quest.

inovator
Consultant
I have one for the go also but it gets very hot and have been afraid to use it to long. How long have u used it in one sitting?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I found that the secret in using a powerbank with my Go is to have a fully charged Go to begin with.  Then it will just draw enough off it to continue to power the Go.  I watched a 2 hour movie and the Go did not overheat.  

I found that if you start with a partially discharged Go (esp. anything less than ~80%) is that it will draw power plus charge the Go battery and this seems to be when a lot of heat can get generated.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Afflospark
Explorer
Hey
As I read you want some suggestion on a power bank. So I can recommend the Anker Powercore series. I have the Powercore 20000mah that should give me round about 24h of VR.
 If you want to try a beast so you can also try USB C Power Bank RAVPower 26800 PD Portable Charger 26800mAh (Fast Recharged in 4.5 Hours &USB-C Input, 30W Type-C Output) which is pretty awesome for gamers who play games whole day
Hope this will help you.
Thanks