cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As the title please contain your excitement to this thread only damn you all !!!! 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

362 REPLIES 362

jayhawk
Superstar

Oculus might send out orders before release so you can have it in release day?

I think everyone will ship to arrive by the 21st.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Unless you're on the 23rd and 24th shipments 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2 weeks. Too early to get excited?

Just watched VR Oasis' review or Virtual desktop for the Quest, didn't even know it could do that. Should have done more research so I can get even more excited.

CrashFu
Consultant
It's never too early to get excited for Riftmas / Questmas.

My favorite modern holiday.
:smiley:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I would like this year to buy an oculus rift S because it suits me very well and I look forward to entering the virtual reality for the first time.
But I would like to know for my future if oculus can take over the old VR headsets when we want a newer new one (but still oculus)?

ntwigbels
Expert Protege
An DK2 and CV1 owner/user decided to stay in the Oculus camp and ordered both a Quest and Rift S. Why both? Because wanted best of both worlds. The Rift-S for racing sims and PC games. The Quest for fun games like Beat Sabre and/or need more space (which I don't have near my PC) and also for showing VR to family and friends. I'm pretty excited and reviews like VR Oasis' making me more so 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too hesitated between a Rift S and a Quest as I would only have money for one helmet, but finally the Rift S looks really good, even if it is not a big big evolution with respect to certain articles, that satisfies me entirely. Ps: I have a disability (wheelchair), I'm French and I'm more like PC (if someone could answer my first post it would be nice) 😉 

ntwigbels
Expert Protege

Sanku71 said:

Hello,
I would like this year to buy an oculus rift S because it suits me very well and I look forward to entering the virtual reality for the first time.
But I would like to know for my future if oculus can take over the old VR headsets when we want a newer new one (but still oculus)?

I don't think so, but you can still try to sell it on the second hand market yourself.

Kkhrome
Protege
Recently sold my CV1 with 3 sensors and touch controllers for 300AUD. Never set it up in my new house because it was too much effort so it sat in its box for the last 24 months. Ordered the Rift S as soon as I could when I heard it was inside out tracking. The Valve Index was my first choice but at  1400AUD and not getting delivered to Australia it made my choice easy. Also rearranged my gaming room for a 4x4m play area. Can't wait until the 21st!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, in order to know the selling price, how much could I sell a VR headset ? Does the headset get sold in the same price or lower ?