Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Index vs. Rift-S, probably a nice comparison:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/blmqbl/someone_asked_me_to_do_a_writeup_on_the/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmmm, looks like someone needs a life - then again, maybe this time is the best, right now Index can be anything you can imagine - perfect lenses, 144 Hz, awesome sound, Revive works better than playing on the CV1, Knuckles are god-like controllers etc.
Then the real world problems start when you get the Index, you can't get a good fit, got too close with your glasses and scratched one lens, one base station doesn't work, no output on the bloody display port - and when you get the damn thing running games are lagging and you just don't know why  :# 😄

"I live for the Valve Index right now

Seriously, my only interest right now is the Index. The first thing I do in the morning is check this sub, still half asleep.

I don't know if I'm lazy, or depressed or whatever, but right now I go to work, go home (watch the new Game of Thrones episode on monday) eat something, force myself to go shower, then lay in bed browsing reddit or youtube until I fall asleep. Rinse and repeat.

I never have the energy to play something or do anything after work, on weekends just a bit more, but I mostly do the same if I don't have any plans to go out. Anyways, the point is, the Index is the only thing that I'm looking forward to in life. So thanks for that Valve. Now if I could only order it in my country, that'd be swell."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/bl8tab/i_live_for_the_valve_index_right_now/

Now I got a life - I don't *cough!* check the Reddit Index sub several times each day... :blush:  :#

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
I have been waiting since 2013 to be honest for the Index lol. Im F5ing youtube in case somebody posts an actual video of it.

Luciferous
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

I'm sold ... again 🙂 Although the guy has never tried either 🙂

If you have the budget have you looked at the XTAL headset? Out of my league but if I had the cash hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPY_XNpn08

Better off with the Varjo - i've tried both - one is mahoosive, one isn't.  Although one does have a huge FOV
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane said:

I can't even find a video on it let alone get a demo and I just signed up for a 1000 dollar headset lol.

lol well I recently bought a $2000 kitchen table! And that doesn't even include the chairs. fml

Price is fine as long as it is within your budget. My issue with all headsets right now (Pimax, Index, Rift-S) is that they are all so heavily focused on "trade-offs." The Rift has tracking trade-offs and Pimax/Index have design trade-offs (bulky as hell wands and knuckles).

If there was a headset out right now that had the following features, then I'd easily pay $2000-$3000:
  • The visual quality of the HP Reverb.
  • The external tracking power of the HTC Vive.
  • The sophisticated hand-controller design of Oculus Touch.
  • Full finger tracking of Knuckles.

But alas, all we get in 2019 is a poopoo platter buffet. I'm just going to enjoy the ongoing software releases (Defector, Stormland, etc) and wait until 2020 for some hopefully REAL hardware upgrade releases.

We'll get there eventually.  So, so close.    :s
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Life? Don't talk to me about life. Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to open a door.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

Life? Don't talk to me about life. Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to open a door.

Ignore him, he's just called to wash his head at us!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
What Graphics card do you reckon you need for the Valve index? I'm thinking you would get by with a Geforce 1080 given the CV1 did alright with a Geforce 970 at first. Or do you think it's going to require a Geforce 2080ti for games like Fallout 4 etc? 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

What Graphics card do you reckon you need for the Valve index? I'm thinking you would get by with a Geforce 1080 given the CV1 did alright with a Geforce 970 at first. Or do you think it's going to require a Geforce 2080ti for games like Fallout 4 etc? 

I think you need at least a 1080ti
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2