cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
516 REPLIES 516

Jotokutora
Adventurer
Robo Recall should look amazing with far away object looking actually clear!

pyroth309
Visionary

We should technically still see aliasing even at 1k PPI. But it certainly minimizes it compared to what is currently available. I am curious of the actual color reproduction and black levels

Ah gotcha. yea if you look along the bottom of the top of the steering wheel there's some jaggies there. Still, this image clarity is above and beyond what has come before it for sure. I'm a bit colorblind to reds and greens so I'm not sure if the image has smearing but I can't see anything out of the ordinary. 

Jotokutora
Adventurer
Yes, I was surprised to read Ben Lang talking about that. To be fair, Ben is particularly more critical if of everything than most reviewers (I think he is somewhat proud of that). That said, It will be good to get several reviews to get a better picture of the unit. I will be calling best Buy first thing in the morning and ask if they are carrying it.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

To be fair, Ben is particularly more critical if of everything than most reviewers (I think he is somewhat proud of that). 

Reading his comments and how he seems to beam about being the only person to pick up on these things I tend to agree with you. I also believe this creates a somewhat skewed representation as a result. It's like a deliberate look for any faults then focus on those greatly, then emphasize these are an issue. His choice of words exasperate the situation further. Whilst his approach is fine for the technically minded and those with greater attention to detail,  it somewhat doesn't help very much the average VR user because his comments become overblown or absolute sounding. I believe it's perfectly acceptable to point out faults because people need to know these things, but it's his manner which isn't so great in providing a proper evaluation. I mean his words were the Mura "largely" affects the potential clarity which is a massive sweeping statement which seems at odds with other opinions.   So far it seems, he has single-handedly deterred a number of prospective buyers from getting the HP Reverb, not just on this forum. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

pyroth309
Visionary

To be fair, Ben is particularly more critical if of everything than most reviewers (I think he is somewhat proud of that). 

Reading his comments and how he seems to beam about being the only person to pick up on these things I tend to agree with you. I also believe this creates a somewhat skewed representation as a result. It's like a deliberate look for any faults then focus on those greatly, then emphasize these are an issue. His choice of words exasperate the situation further. Whilst his approach is fine for the technically minded and those with greater attention to detail,  it somewhat doesn't help very much the average VR user because his comments become overblown or absolute sounding. I believe it's perfectly acceptable to point out faults because people need to know these things, but it's his manner which isn't so great in providing a proper evaluation. I mean his words were the Mura "largely" affects the potential clarity which is a massive sweeping statement which seems at odds with other opinions.   So far it seems, he has single-handedly deterred a number of prospective buyers from getting the HP Reverb, not just on this forum. 

Exactly why I used the term nitpicking. He has done this for other headsets as well 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'll get one still and make up my own mind, bad and it goes back, good and my sims and me will be happy.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Luciferous
Consultant
FOV is still my big thing but if the index falls through this is the next one on my list. 🙂 Be expensive though as would need Knuckles also.

pyroth309
Visionary

FOV is still my big thing but if the index falls through this is the next one on my list. 🙂 Be expensive though as would need Knuckles also.

Yep ditto.

pyroth309
Visionary

Also, I'm pretty dumbfounded if Ben considers the Index on par with that.... because to be honest, my jaw is still on the floor. That's looking near 720p monitor in clarity to me. My main question left is, what kind of performance is he getting and what is really needed to push it to playable frames. 

And yes, I know Ben was taking everything into consideration with the flaws he identified that bothered him to make that statement....but still...that image sharpness lol. I know with smearing it's a lot easier to see with motion so I'm looking forward to hearing more opinions of people who have used both. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think I would dare invited Ben Lang to a party.

My only concern about this headset is the tracking. It would also be hard using a different headset for other games after seeing how good the display is on this one. It looks great for Sims, but what if you play other games? You're just going to be met with crappy tracking when playing other games.