Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
516 REPLIES 516

Techy111
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

I don't think I would dare invited Ben Lang to a party.

My only concern about this headset is the tracking. It would also be hard using a different headset for other games after seeing how good the display is on this one. It looks great for Sims, but what if you play other games? You're just going to be met with crappy tracking when playing other games.

Well for me I very very rarely play other games as I'm always in our sim or within Flyinside plugin in fsx and if I want to play other games then I'll keep my rift for that. Be interesting to see what Netflix would be like in the reverb.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Techy111 - I fly lots of sims and would love this headset once I've upgrade my graphics card. However, I hope it's not a headset that puts me off playing other games on a different headset. I won't update my television from 1080p to 4k just because it would make watching movies on my 1080p projector look bad. What I have not seen doesn't bother me therefore I avoid looking at 4k televisions.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Think your best bet is to wait for concrete hands on reviews by the general user. As soon as it's on UK release I shall be purchasing 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Plus 4k tv is a must  o:)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

These are the comments I was referring to in my previous post.

Hi again r/Oculus, I've now reviewed or previewed Index, Reverb, Rift S, & Quest, and I'm back to answer any questions I can RoadtoVR_Ben • oculus • 1d

For one, I don't actually see any other Reverb reviews out there yet (only previews). It's harder to test for specific display issues in a preview because usually you can't select your own content. On top of that, general tech reviewers don't often know what mura is or exactly what it looks like, even many existing VR users often mix up mura with screen door effect (understandably so).

It would be nice if it was just a one-off panel issue, but I've tried Reverb at three stages of development: first pre-production prototype, production prototype, and now the production unit. In all three cases I saw (and talked about) the mura. HP said they expected this would be cleared up by launch, but that's not the case.
I have a pretty good record of calling out display artifacts that others haven't noticed until the larger population gets their hands on a given headset. A year before the Rift launched I was one of the only people who realized that Crescent Bay (the prototype prior to Rift) was using very fine fresnel lenses and that it had 'light ray artifacts' (as I called them prior to the community settling on 'god rays'). When the Rift launched a lot of people were caught off guard by the god rays (as many of them had been using Rift DK2 with non-fresnel lenses).
When previewing StarVR last year I told them that the headset's mura correction was clearly worse than Vive Pro but they insisted otherwise. After I left the demo they investigated further and found that the headset was using the incorrect mura correction profile and invited me back for a second look, which was a big improvement ; )."

😮 

Well at least he says HP are in the process of attempting to fix the issue. A shame he didn't mention this in his review then as it seems like a big omission.

Norm for Tested posted this:

"We just got our Reverb in for testing, and will have a review out next week. Can confirm mura visable on our headset".

A user asks in response:

"Interesting. Is it something you didn't originally see in earlier demos?"

Norm's reply.

"Didn’t notice as the demo time was short and we were too focused on resolution and clarity."

That last comment would suggest then that although mura is visible, during normal usage you won't really notice it. Ben seems to suggest it's glaringly obvious and largely affects the clarity.

Meanwhile on Planet MRTV:

Sebastian is playing actual games and enjoying the f**k out of playing with it. Not concerning himself thus far with these technicalities.  😄

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Wildt
Consultant

Techy111 said:

Think your best bet is to wait for concrete hands on reviews by the general user. As soon as it's on UK release I shall be purchasing 😉

Well, I've often discovered that my impressions don't match the average user, who's excited to write about his fantastic new toy. 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://youtu.be/fx2LqMaU2cA

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

Techy111 said:

Well, I've often discovered that my impressions don't match the average user, who's excited to write about his fantastic new toy. 

Lol at 53 mate I'm way past getting excited but I do miss them days 😉

Wildt
Consultant

These are the comments I was referring to in my previous post.

Hi again r/Oculus, I've now reviewed or previewed Index, Reverb, Rift S, & Quest, and I'm back to answer any questions I can RoadtoVR_Ben • oculus • 1d

For one, I don't actually see any other Reverb reviews out there yet (only previews). It's harder to test for specific display issues in a preview because usually you can't select your own content. On top of that, general tech reviewers don't often know what mura is or exactly what it looks like, even many existing VR users often mix up mura with screen door effect (understandably so).

It would be nice if it was just a one-off panel issue, but I've tried Reverb at three stages of development: first pre-production prototype, production prototype, and now the production unit. In all three cases I saw (and talked about) the mura. HP said they expected this would be cleared up by launch, but that's not the case.
I have a pretty good record of calling out display artifacts that others haven't noticed until the larger population gets their hands on a given headset. A year before the Rift launched I was one of the only people who realized that Crescent Bay (the prototype prior to Rift) was using very fine fresnel lenses and that it had 'light ray artifacts' (as I called them prior to the community settling on 'god rays'). When the Rift launched a lot of people were caught off guard by the god rays (as many of them had been using Rift DK2 with non-fresnel lenses).
When previewing StarVR last year I told them that the headset's mura correction was clearly worse than Vive Pro but they insisted otherwise. After I left the demo they investigated further and found that the headset was using the incorrect mura correction profile and invited me back for a second look, which was a big improvement ; )."

😮 

Well at least he says HP are in the process of attempting to fix the issue. A shame he didn't mention this in his review then as it seems like a big omission.

Norm for Tested posted this:

"We just got our Reverb in for testing, and will have a review out next week. Can confirm mura visable on our headset".

A user asks in response:

"Interesting. Is it something you didn't originally see in earlier demos?"

Norm's reply.

"Didn’t notice as the demo time was short and we were too focused on resolution and clarity."

That last comment would suggest then that although mura is visible, during normal usage you won't really notice it. Ben seems to suggest it's glaringly obvious and largely affects the clarity.

Meanwhile on Planet MRTV:

Sebastian is playing actual games and enjoying the f**k out of playing with it. Not concerning himself thus far with these technicalities.  😄

Norm's statements seem self contradictory. He didn't notice the mura, because he was focused on resolution and clarity. But mura affects clarity! :confused:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

pyroth309
Visionary
I couldn't see it on my phone, but now that I'm home I see something that looks like Chromatic Aberration along the right glove along the knuckles and right side of his hand and also on his right leg. I don't see any on the DCS shot.