Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

But the shipping date is now August 31 

That's what date I got too, that's unbelievable! It feels like we're waiting a thousand years...lol  :'( o:)
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Luciferous
Consultant
I got that date 3 hours after orders went live. I am pretty sure they are not accurate.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

That's what date I got too, that's unbelievable! It feels like we're waiting a thousand years...lol  :'( o:)

But that's a nice thing - we need some proper reviews before feeding Valve  😉 And there're not really any games I want to play on the Index right now, but if I can revive Asgard's Wrath in July that could be something  😮

BTW, Racket Fury just received an update - going to try it now - and this entire post was written on my virtual keyboard in Oculus Home  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Page 36 under a spoiler from Zenbane, very funny.

Morgrum said:

..... Sigh this is what I get for not going through an entire tread and just posting what I see on that last page....
Just saw it.
His was much better.

I liked yours too Morgrum. It was just missing the added Sexay.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm kind of telling how the Valve Index has the vast majority of  views and comments on the Oculus forums. Guess that is partly why they are backlogged now for so long.

I am not beating on Rift, I have a Rift S on order and holding out for a while before considering another headset. Just an interesting observation. Maybe Oculus will take notice.

ParadoxAnomaly
Expert Protege
I’m just waiting for Zenbane to order an Index.

omf0n24q789s.jpeg

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And I'm waiting patiently for you to admit to something or prove otherwise.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

Hmm kind of telling how the Valve Index has the vast majority of  views and comments on the Oculus forums. Guess that is partly why they are backlogged now for so long.

I am not beating on Rift, I have a Rift S on order and holding out for a while before considering another headset. Just an interesting observation. Maybe Oculus will take notice.

HP Reverb through the lens thread has had the same amount of views and it hasn't been up a day.

Luciferous
Consultant

dburne said:

True but have you seen the number of new members? I think they already gambled that they would lose a lot of their original backers but pick up a lot more who are new to VR.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

RuneSR2 said:

But that's a nice thing - we need some proper reviews before feeding Valve  😉 And there're not really any games I want to play on the Index right now, but if I can revive Asgard's Wrath in July that could be something  😮

BTW, Racket Fury just received an update - going to try it now - and this entire post was written on my virtual keyboard in Oculus Home  B)

You know the person that made that famous quote "Good things come to those who wait", well, I want to find this person (IN VR), and rip their arms and legs off! (Just like in Robo Recall) hehe  😛

EDIT: Racket Fury sounds good, I'll have to give that game a shot, I might get it tonight if it's not too expensive.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!