Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

True but have you seen thee number of new members? I think they already gambled that they would lose a lot of their original backers but pick up a lot more who are new to VR.

Where does it show how many members the forums has, and how many have recently joined?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Hmm kind of telling how the Valve Index has the vast majority of  views and comments on the Oculus forums. Guess that is partly why they are backlogged now for so long.

It's not telling at all because it's simply untrue. The Valve Index thread does have high view and comment counts:
15.3k views, 1.2k comments

But not when compared to every other thread talking about Rift-S and Quest. I mean, the Rift-S thread I created a few weeks ago has 11.3k views and 1.1K comments, and Techy's "I ordered a Rift-S/Quest" thread has 2.7k views and 103 comments, and the first 10 pages of the General Forum are practically flooded with Rift-S and Quest topics.

All together everything far exceeds this single Index discussion. We saw this with the Pimax thread as well. I think most of us simply have "topic fatigue" after discussing Rift-S and Quest for so long. Valve Index is the shiny new toy so sure, it will get some attention for awhile. And then it will likely fall in line next to Vive Pro and Pimax. Business as usual.

The only thing "telling" about non-Oculus product discussions getting high activity on an Oculus forum is that... this is the Internet and people love controversy. There are no other conclusions to draw from that. If I head over to the Steam forums or Pimax forums and started antagonizing those communities with pro-Oculus banter, I guarantee that I would get the most activity as well. Hardly telling of anything related to sales numbers.

Luciferous
Consultant
6000 of the index views are mine lol. I think you will see another explosion when they actually remove the NDA and the reviews start coming in.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

True but have you seen thee number of new members? I think they already gambled that they would lose a lot of their original backers but pick up a lot more who are new to VR.

Where does it show how many members the forums has, and how many have recently joined?

I'm not sure if it shows the actual New Member counts, but if you click on "Activity" you can see all the new member badges. The forum has been flooded with new members for months now. Which is great for the platform. And yeah, we'll probably see lots of original backers try some greener pastures for awhile.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I’m just waiting for Zenbane to order an Index.

I'm still waiting for you to let the community know which VR HMD(s) you even own. This is my 3rd time asking you and I notice that you keep intentionally avoiding the question. I wonder why?
😉

Luciferous
Consultant

The old forum used to but this one does not. I was just looking at the number of new users in the Rift S / Quest threads. NOt everybody will be commenting either just looking.

@Techy111 do you know the number of members before and after launch?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Mate it changes so much on a daily basis so no, haven't got the foggiest.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ParadoxAnomaly
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

I’m just waiting for Zenbane to order an Index.

I'm still waiting for you to let the community know which VR HMD(s) you even own. This is my 3rd time asking you and I notice that you keep intentionally avoiding the question. I wonder why?
😉

0dta71no5nfp.gif

Luciferous
Consultant

RedRizla said:

dburne said:

Hmm kind of telling how the Valve Index has the vast majority of  views and comments on the Oculus forums. Guess that is partly why they are backlogged now for so long.

I am not beating on Rift, I have a Rift S on order and holding out for a while before considering another headset. Just an interesting observation. Maybe Oculus will take notice.

HP Reverb through the lens thread has had the same amount of views and it hasn't been up a day.

But in fairness HP Reverb actually has had some movement, reviews and screenshots. I wouldn't say we are sitting completely in the dark here in the Index thread but we are all huddled around a single candle of information..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
trfiv1xwc0ij.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.