Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
86 REPLIES 86

Digikid1
Consultant

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting

Well it’s about time.  ??

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Cool 🙂
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

ShocksVR
Superstar
Rift S is almost here !!!

And thanks for the new Screenshot feature
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Danger Will Robson Danger.  If you turn off PTC (beta) It will reinstall 1.36 then you have to wait in line for 1.37

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, that happened to me yesterday, lol!  I just re-subscribed to the PTC and got back 1.37 (xxxxxxx99).  It usually takes about a week for the Repair version to get up to date.

Edit; main advantage for me with 1.37 is that X plane 11 VR now closes properly.  Before I needed to close it with task manager.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading
2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

RattyUK
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading
2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe ....

If you want 'strafe' just look where you want to go while moving forward (you did try this before posting, right?)...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

YoLolo69
Trustee
No, no, I agree with MAC_MAN86 on this one : without strafe it's difficult to position your avatar right in front of E.g. a screen. You have to make maneuvers like parking your car, and it's painful. I agree on this, strafe is needed and I can't think about any difficulty or caveat to implement this. The 2 speed turning difference the current implementation allow using 2 stick can be easily dispatched on one of of the analog stick, or set as an option (slow/fast).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
In headset screen shot feature works great, nice to have!

I would note mine is not saving to the screenshot folder in Users, but to just My Pictures folder. 
May be because I moved the My Pictures folder to a different drive other than C:.