Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

Luciferous
Consultant
Sounds a bit dodgy how do you know you would get it?

Luciferous
Consultant

snowdog said:

dburne said:

Hmm kind of telling how the Valve Index has the vast majority of  views and comments on the Oculus forums. Guess that is partly why they are backlogged now for so long.

I am not beating on Rift, I have a Rift S on order and holding out for a while before considering another headset. Just an interesting observation. Maybe Oculus will take notice.

The only thing that Oculus will notice is the Rift S considerably outselling the Valve Index.

I'm not getting an Index because it's way too expensive, I'm not getting a Reverb because the tracking won't be good enough. I'm getting a Rift S because the price is right, it's a decent step up in visuals (just a notch below the Vive Pro in terms of clarity) and the tracking is decent.

Oculus and especially Facebook are continually doing what's best for VR so they're getting my money. Valve are a bunch of wankers, so they're not lol. And I would have bought an Index if they hadn't taken the piss with their pricing too!

Of course in the same way a Ford Fiesta outsells Mustangs 😉

But if the price was the same as the Rift you would have bought it, simply because it is a better headset (Allegedly) . Although the half hearted altruistic comment on supporting Oculus at the end was a nice touch  😄 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

He would end up getting The Scarlet Claw if he tried picking my little monster up lol  😄

Is that some weird and rare STD or something? I know we're talking about pussy but no need to lower the tone man.

😛 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

He would end up getting The Scarlet Claw if he tried picking my little monster up lol

Is that some weird and rare STD or something? I know we're talking about pussy but no need to lower the tone man.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Worst outbreak ever!

pgmcse7le916.jpeg
WAAAGH!

Luciferous
Consultant
Ah now you see Zenbane posted that pic but his had burning tassels 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Now now peeps normal service must be resumed ok? Keep the pussy talk to these =

m4lsxapaylfu.jpg

I thank you 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

pyroth309
Visionary
I ran across this on the Revive Discord and I already assumed this but it was nice to hear it from the dev himself. 

ClingingMars05/02/2019

@CrossVR is it possible to map Steam Index controllers as Touch controllers in Revive?

Dragoboss05/02/2019

You can basically bind any Touch features to Index Controllers, yes
you'll not have Index's extra features, though.

May 3, 2019

CrossVR05/03/2019

@ClingingMars Yes, Valve has sent me knuckles before and I've provided bindings for them for a while
@Dragoboss You won't get extra features beyond what the Oculus Touch offers, but since the Oculus Touch is kind of in between a Vive and an Index controller you'll get a much better mapping when using an Index controller.

Nice to see that Index can indeed mirror Touch functionality. Is it June yet lol.

Luciferous
Consultant
So no new news so I’m copying this link in again to help us stay strong https://youtu.be/2SI_3jlAV9M

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
No news today really - but a small Sunday movie "for those who wait"  o:) 

https://youtu.be/EgUwFmKkejc

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"