New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest initial setup with ipad?

ShermanHermanShermanHerman Posts: 16
NerveGear
edited May 9 in Oculus Quest
I emailed support asking about setting up with ipad as I dont ever want to own a smart phone no matter how rich I become, anyonw try ipad setup like for the go?

How in the hell can support not know the answer to such a basic question is beyond me and makes me reconsider contemplating a purchase

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support.

I understand that you are wanting to know if the up coming Oculus Quest can be set up using an iPad, that is a great question.

At this time, to set up your Oculus Quest and connect to Wi-Fi, you'll need to download the Oculus app on your mobile phone. The minimum OS requirements for phones to run the Oculus companion app are:

Apple iOS 8+
Android 6.0+

We do not have any information as whether or not the iPad will work with the quest at this time. The iPad was able to set up with the Oculus Go, so it could be possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,017 Volunteer Moderator
    I have the Oculus app installed on my iPad. It seems to work just like on the phone, so I assume it would work for setting up the Quest. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ShermanHermanShermanHerman Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I do to for my oculus go, shouldnt support give a definitive answer after all they are support..How can I pre order without a solid answer is beyond me
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,153
    Wintermute
    I did it for the Go, so I presume it will work for the Quest too.
  • deblack1deblack1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I successfully set up my new Oculus Quest with my Ipad.