Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
86 REPLIES 86

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Strafe (the ability to move around quickly/smoothly using your thumbstick as opposed to teleporting)

You are way off the mark. I've been strafing for about 26 yrs and never had a thumbstick.
If you're unsure of what strafing is, then it's probably not an issue for you. For others it is. BTW, the Big Cube environment is in no way related to strafing.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Home movement does need fixing. Sub Nautica does much better dual stick walking (especially after the speed fix in the 3rd party vr patch). Talking about this isn't limiting discussion of other problems, somebody just needs to mention them.

I just wish the vr store was separated from Home 2, so we could fully replace it.
(Replacing Home 2 with a different home program with whatever movement we want is easy, but we lose the vr store. The desktop store is fine though)
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

This (strafe) is now getting to be a waste of space with respect to this thread.  I think it would be best to limit further discussions to other  issues with the 1.37 update 

Agreed.  No more useless complaining Mac_man.  Take it to uservoice.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get nothing from UserVoice but do VOTE HERE. As always I send Oculus Direct Feedback in Home Desktop.

Thanks for the Support and sure I think all 3 are in need. Tom demonstrates how we must create something different to what they intended by removing everything. I used to use Homeless Hack but we have to steer Oculus away from us requiring our Hacks as they get replaced on each Update and is both a nuisance and shows ignorance to good Development to implement what satisfies all User's Needs.

This is all relevant to our Update as it has missed out on these long needed features yet again so totally no need to act a Mod to stop this topic btw. The thread is a simple announcement here on a Released Update we are about to get! We are free to talk on both what it has and has not and whether you got it yet LOL!

So not all of us want HOME and some hate to have to load STORE (which looks bloody good!)
Why then is it so hard to not make either a DEFAULT?
Also I do not want to have to only Invite Friends to my own Home (I see it will wear off) but would prefer a LOBBY OF ONLINE FRIENDS. So why not make the STORE that and just add an Option to also remove Online Friends for peace and quiet. Or even better create a really good LOBBY. Any could be made your Default.

Both Thumbstick Buttons for Re-centre is just obvious as is remove Move In Direction You Look!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Existing call for it and so many wanting Strafing. 610 Users ignored!

bo3b
Expert Protege
Why are you forcing an NVidia driver update?

After this forced update, anyone interested in viewing 3D content in BigScreen or Virtual Desktop will be locked out.

Why are you doing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW besides ignoring our BEST IDEAS...
Need Fix for Controllers Not Switching OFF when not in use!
Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switching focus OUT OF THE GAME!
BTW, I am the best advisor for Oculus. You must take notice 😉

Digikid1
Consultant

bo3b said:

After this forced update, anyone interested in viewing 3D content in BigScreen or Virtual Desktop will be locked out.

Why are you doing this?

Hrmm.....this is an NVIDIA issue and not the fault of Oculus whatsoever.  You are blaming the WRONG COMPANY.

MAC_MAN86 said:

Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switching focus OUT OF THE GAME!
BTW, I am the best advisor for Oculus. You must take notice 😉

Stop....just STOP.  Seriously.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stop trying to stop fixes and suggestions seriously kids!
MAC_MAN86 said:

BTW, I am the best advisor for Oculus. You must take notice

Stop....just STOP.  Seriously.

bo3b
Expert Protege

Digikid1 said:

bo3b said:

Why are you doing this?

Hrmm.....this is an NVIDIA issue and not the fault of Oculus whatsoever.  You are blaming the WRONG COMPANY.

NO, I'm blaming the correct company- Oculus.

Oculus just unilaterally destroyed the only reason I use my Rift. Functionality that I use and is the only reason I have one was just destroyed because they provide zero ability to avoid updates. Their updates destroyed my Rift, not NVidia.

I didn't buy Virtual Desktop so I could browse the web. Oculus force feeding me updates with no workaround is the problem.  They are forcing a driver update for no reason whatsoever.  

In case anyone is actually paying attention here- Oculus can and will destroy your library of apps whenever they feel like it.  You don't own a damn thing, you are renting your apps until Oculus says you are no longer allowed.

Edit: NVidia driver is not being force updated.Neither Nvidia, nor Oculus are forcing video driver updates at this time.