cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1: Sell it or Keep it?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
For any existing Rift CV1 owners who plan to upgrade to Rift-S... what will you do with your legacy Rift CV1?
Pre-orders start shipping soon. Almost time to say bye-bye to physical sensors.

5jfk45tlcao6.jpg
31 REPLIES 31

mmm I'm undecided right now but will vote in a few weeks time because I'm making a lot of assumptions about the S and I could be wrong, I've been wrong before but I can't remember when that was.

jayhawk
Superstar
You should add 'already sold CV1 to apply toward an S' to the poll list

Techy111
MVP
MVP

mmm I'm undecided right now but will vote in a few weeks time because I'm making a lot of assumptions about the S and I could be wrong, I've been wrong before but I can't remember when that was.

2017 it was mate, around dinner time before the news started. You said you look good in red but pink was way better 😉 remember?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Digikid1
Consultant
I am keeping mine.  Makes no sense to buy the newer models since there is no point to.

saami81
Rising Star

Digikid1 said:

I am keeping mine.  Makes no sense to buy the newer models since there is no point to.

HP Reverb, Valve Index and Rift S. Three upcoming headsets with better specs. Or did i miss some joke here?

Digikid1
Consultant

saami81 said:

Digikid1 said:

HP Reverb, Valve Index and Rift S. Three upcoming headsets with better specs. Or did i miss some joke here?

HP Reverb : Made by a POS company that requires a higher GPU.
Valve Index : WAY too much money.
Rift 1.5 ( a.k.a. Rift S ) : Shitty HALO headstrap and not that much better.

Take your pick.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I usually sell my old electronics, but I'm definitely keeping the Rift as a collector's item. It's already boxed up, I'm waiting for Rift S now.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Whilst I am unsure what PC hmd I get next I only have room for 1. I will sell or donate my CV1 when the time come
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I almost never sell my used stuff. I did sell my GTX980 when I got the 1080, but that was an exception since I upgraded earlier than usual. I’ll give stuff away if I know someone who could use it, but otherwise it’ll stay with me. In the case of the CV1, when I eventually upgrade, it’ll go in it’s box and sit beside my DK2. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
CV1 will be on my boat, when it's time  B) (Did I mention that I still have my Amiga 500? And that it's still working? Yup, of course it goes on the boat too!  😄  )

Image result for burning viking funeral boat

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"