cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

LZoltowski
Champion

RedRizla said:

@Techy111 - Here's something that looks great for RTX cards, it's an option in reshade. Grab it from link below if you haven't already got it.

This does NOT use RTX, I am a patron (the alpha is only available to patrons)  and a member of the discord channel for the alpha. It's screen space reflection ray tracing, very cool. The performance hit is pretty big, but this does run on any GPU. The developer is working on optimising.

Some example shots in GTAV I took

https://imgur.com/gallery/lPTOfV6

Shot from SKyrim 🙂

q9udfymv9l0d.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary
that looks nice.  stuff like skyrimVR could be excellent.
I "only" have a 1080ti I wonder if it would be playable?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Guys what would you recommend for me, RTX 1070 or RTX 1080, I've seen an RTX 2070 for £499 on overclockers which I like but then part of me wonders if I should spend £650-£700 and get a RTX 2080 instead? I'm just not sure, what do you reckon?

I currently have a GTX 1060 but I'm wanting an upgrade before Rift S and Index arrive.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
From those options if it were me i would wait until i know that all RTX 2080  products are using the TU104-410 core and then I would buy the cheapest 2080 i could find - using that core - .......  the RTX2080 has been as low as £599 delivered (overclockers) maybe less elsewhere.  That is what i would go for personally if you are looking at the £500-£600 mark.
Of course if you can get an RTX 2080 using the TU104-400A-A1 core for a good price then that would be fine too.
(any card which runs any form of overclock should (note i say should!) be using the A1 core, where as stock cards are likely using the standard part)
The 2070 is a decent card of course........ but if it were my money, and i was paying out £500, i would probably throw in an extra £100 for the better series of RTX.

All of that said however..................................................
again if it were me.... I would stick with the 1060 for now. Forget the index, get a riftS if that is what you want, for the ease of setting up and the insight tracking...... and i would personally skip this entire generation of gpu.

by the time the 2180 series comes out (or what ever they call it) i think we will see a big jump in performance for your £ and also the index may also be cheaper / and actually have some proper games to run on it.

Yes, I know there is always something around the corner yada yada yada but i think the gtx1060 will have a good shake at running the rift S so just enjoy that new toy, after all you only have 1 head so can only use 1 headset at a time. I like to upgrade when i can get a 100% improvement in performance (give or take) and unless you are going for a RTX2080ti you are not gonna get that outside a handful of games using RTX.  next generation not only will you be getting a much faster card, with likely FAR better RTX abilities, much like the valve index, there is not a lot of RTX content right now. 12-18 months time that should change. If you cant wait quite that long Navi, whilst not likely an RTX2080ti beater i think will also keep nvidia honest at the RTX2080 and below level which should again mean more bang for your buck regardless of if you go red or green team. That should be out Q3 of this year i think
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

if it were me i would wait until i know that all RTX 2080  products are using the TU104-410 core and then I would buy the cheapest 2080 i could find - using that core - .......  the RTX2080 has been as low as £599 delivered (overclockers) maybe less elsewhere.  That is what i would go for personally if you are looking at the £500-£600 mark.

of course if you can get an RTX 2080 using the TU104-400A-A1 core for a good price then that would be fine too.

(any card which runs any form of overclock should (note i say should!) be using the A1 core, where as stock cards are likely using the standard part)

EDIT: Just saw you edited your post above, ok thanks for your reply mate.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

bigmike20vt
Visionary

EDIT: Just saw you edited your post above, ok thanks for your reply mate.

yeah i slipped quite a few edits in there. it is how i roll, i tend to spew as i type which means lots of edits 🙂

more info on the different chip grading of (current) cards and the new chip coming out

Techy111
MVP
MVP
How do our 2080ti's fit into the scheme of things ? Different altogether??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Last I looked there has been no mention of replacing 2080ti 2 tier system of chips. Either way iirc you have the good chip anyway. If you mean why didn't I mention the 2080ti it is because it was over his budget. 
My gut feeling is Navi won't come near the 2080ti so no competition for NV at the top end. I think that will remain king until it is replaced by NVs 7nm Turing refresh

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Out of curiosity, what does all this "TU104-400A-A1 core" really mean? Are you saying the graphics cards listed on overclockers have something wrong with them? Or is just a case the current RTX 2080's are slower then the ones that are yet to come?

Surely the current RTX 2070 and 2080's must still be amazing?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Nothing wrong at all.....

when chips are made they are done on big sheets - or wafers. (I am no expert so cut me some slack for inacuracies 😉 )  the quality of each chip can vary (largely dependent on where on the wafer they are).

obviously every chip has to meet the minimum specification, which is the stock and also advertised boost speed of the card, however some will do much more. In the past it has been pot luck what chip you get, which is a good thing if you are bargain basement hunter (like me) as if you "Win the silicon lottery" you may end up with a really good chip you can OC the balls off.  OTOH if you are happy to pay top dollar this may not be so good as you could still lose the lottery even with an expensive card - though things like better power management, and better cooling still means your odds of a good card are improved)

for instance, I lost the lottery with my MSI GTX 980 card.  Sure it would do the out of the box overclock, but despite the vast majority hitting 1500mhz core speed, mine would not touch it.
OTOH I won the lottery with my gigabyte 1080ti black which now happily sits under benchmark load at 2000mhz with no throttling all day if i want. (maybe i could go more but i am happy with it as is)

with this new generation Nvidia changed things and they split the chips to remove the lottery to a large degree. the lower grade chips were taken from the higher grade chips - which were called the "A1 chips" and these found they way into the premium cards (the ones with out of the box over clocks) and the none A1 chips went into the "cheap" (can we use that term with any RTX card?) models.

overclocking is still possible but the chances of winning the lottery with a cheap non A1 rated chip is vastly reduced. (but OTOH is increased if you pay a lot more money for a premium card).

Now............... as fabrication processes mature generally the quality of the chips improve accross the entire wafer.  It would seem nvida are now in a position to decided that there is a decent chance that ALL chips off the production will be capable of hitting good speeds, and so are no longer going to split the chips.
IF you like to buy your £800 mega OC RTX2080 this may be a bad thing, but the canny buyer who looks for a bargain should be very happy.

Of course after all that wall of text, if you pay a premium you often get better quality of components in the card, it is not just about the chip.... memory, capacitors, power delivery, cooler and even PCB quality can all make a difference.