Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Exploration

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Getting well  into my second month of exploration along this route:

3rv31vbcbl36.jpg

If you get fed up with bugs or mundane missions in the Bubble, it's well worth heading out into the black. Taking your time, doing a sesh whenever you feel like it, with no stress, no time constraints or targets - just cruise and do what you like. I'm out here with Commander Hazardous Matt and another companion, and so far my undiscovered system count is at 134. Yes, that's 134 systems that will have my commander name on them - and an awful lot top-up for the bank, and I'm nowhere near the end of the journey yet.

First, we met up at the "bottom" of the galaxy (or top, depends which way you look at it!) and then headed towards the Lagoon Colonia Highway stop. From there we headed out towards the NGC/War & Peace Nebula. There were quite a few undiscovered systems along the way - but not much that was spectacular or particularly noteworthy - just regular systems, 65 undiscovered in all. When we got to NGC, I found that all of the systems from 20LY out had been discovered.

Whilst we sat there, wondering what to do next, I came up with the route in the picture above, and Matt was keen - so off we set. Since leaving NGC, almost every system I have come across has been undiscovered and there has been lots of nice screenshot material. Planets of all kinds of colours, werid huge gas giants and silvery, mirror-like rings, not to mention very spectacular looking nebula clouds.

Here are some screens from along the way. I'm only at stage 2 - and there are another 11 to go yet! Seey sometime around Christmas.... maybe! 😉

51blj33zs7q4.bmp

See these clouds on the galaxy map?:

fah59bqftjlt.jpg

Well, they are there in the galaxy, too:

lzr32edsnzz4.jpg
q3jobvp8y412.jpg

Planets are often coloured based on the clouds around them - like this one:

zbw88wfglwhg.jpg

A typical system, ripe for scanning and imprinting with my name:

btbjaqzq2c3q.jpg

...and in many cases, they are just a few light years from each other, all in a nice, tight cluster:

c27aoqlm6ewl.jpg

You can see the nebulae we are heading for - it's almost like joining the dots:

iyr3ed8xdh3s.jpg

these are a couple of the nicer ringed bodies - the second one is actually a shining Brown (Tauri) star and was very spectacular in-game:

i9zn3iw8jjcc.jpg

v5118iszkea0.jpg

This is where we are now - was a little reluctant to enter this aggressive looking cloud - but no worries, apart from cutting out some of the light and actually obscuring some of the neighbouring stars, it's quite harmless:

r1ea1d35dt9g.jpg

epu35yjb3yhp.jpg

All of this, not even half as far away as Colonia - so you don't have to go that far to find it, and find 'fame' in the form of your name spread across astronomical bodies in the galaxy.

And it's so much more relaxing... B)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
648 REPLIES 648

RattyUK
Trustee
Since the patch a couple of days ago the stutter has gone completely on my setup, others on the ED forum are making the same comment.
The 'ideal' setting appears to be Ultra rather than any other setting if you are having issues 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had pleasure in helping out a New
Player to Mining Void Opals.

1. At times the Target
    Reticle “< >” vanished and could not get the Seismic Charges to
    land!

2. Many of my Crews Charges
    also missed and all those continued to Countdown thus add to successful
    Charges and so once we started all over they were impossible to reset the
    Yield! Some of them went off on their own but still did not reset Yield.
    By that we could not begin again as any charge (even Low) on any Fissure
    would add to the existing ones that were not even successful hits!!!

3. Once we cashed in over
    90t of Void Opals, I got just 16mill credits and he got only nearly
    900,00cr and was 1 Jump off Kalak to a
    System with Dabye Station paying over 377,000/t which last week was highest in Universe at over 800,000cr/t!

So that is rather shit payout that
would’ve been 34million on my own!

So it works out as half to Helm and then bases the Crew on their Rank.
NEVER AGAIN!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh shit, I've just started doing a load of bounty hunting missions in my Dreamboat Annie. Took on a Cutter in a Hazres and proceeded to get my arse kicked. I ended up beating him with 1% hull left lol :blush: 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Cutter? I've never seen an NPC Cutter. What is your System? Must be in Empire Space which is so sparse of Haz Res. What was it's Bounty?

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

A Cutter? I've never seen an NPC Cutter. What is your System? Must be in Empire Space which is so sparse of Haz Res. What was it's Bounty?

I think it was a Cutter, might be getting my ships mixed up. It was in Empire space and slightly smaller than my Annie.

Whatever it was its shields and armour were sponges, never seen anything like it. 😮

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a look at the latest ship comparison video on YouTube, it wasn't a Cutter it was a Clipper. I've faced Clippers before and beaten them without a problem so I just assumed it was a Cutter lol 

I have the same problem telling cars apart too, no idea why. :blush:

I might ditch my Annie and try an FDL on for size, or maybe turn my Annie into an Exploraconder.

RattyUK
Trustee
I've used my Clipper in AXCZ's - they can 'tank' up quite nicely...
Chieftain is more fun though 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the clarification. I've no idea why we don't see NPC Cutters and only Corvettes appear in CZs. 
Which leads me onto last night's experience...
I did Multicrew in a CZ (only High Intensity because I'm Elite Vet) and found my Lasers struggled to kill Eagles like they do in HAZ RES within 2secs! I noticed my gimbles were not tracking them but did so on bigger Ships. It was apparent they were using Engineered Upgrades especially for Defences only to jam gimbles and boost shields. No Ships were as easy to kill even with 2 extra Fighter Crew!
OK so that makes these as they really should be as Navy Builds but without any Weapon Upgrades at all. It all just felt a bit long winded and I only took on the Kill 40 Massacre Mission. If I took on 90 that would've bored the hell out of me. I think the changes to this frankly are NOT ACCEPTABLE.

My idea for CZs was to add NAVY ROLES in pre-built Loadouts (loaned Ships) as that would mean you all set out as a Squadron and it balances perfectly for new players especially! Why are they taking on Mercenaries in our own Ships? Why make NAVY RANK missions just 1 off jobs that mean nothing to be NAVY e.g. a Courier Mission to rank up. Why NAVY RANKS are never demoting to cancel what Major Faction you go with? None of it makes any sense!!!

RattyUK
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I've no idea why we don't see NPC Cutters and only Corvettes appear in CZs. 
Which leads me onto last night's experience...
I did Multicrew in a CZ (only High Intensity because I'm Elite Vet) and found my Lasers struggled to kill Eagles like they do in HAZ RES within 2secs! I noticed my gimbles were not tracking them but did so on bigger Ships. It was apparent they were using Engineered Upgrades especially for Defences only to jam gimbles and boost shields. No Ships were as easy to kill even with 2 extra Fighter Crew!

Folk complained they were too easy, now they have been made tougher, folk complain...

So let me get this right:  You are Elite combat and find toughened opponents unfair?  I'm expert and fight in AXCZ's and just get on with it...

Anonymous
Not applicable
The complaint is 90 Ships is not practical so it voids taking on those high paid Missions. Try it mate. It has nothing to do with ability nor your build. Every Ship will take you over a minute including the smallest Eagle.
I am genuine in all my complaints. I only serve to help as they have seriously no idea of balancing anything. There was nothing wrong with the way it was. However, more than just 1 on1 attacks from NPC is absolute rubbish!
Again, I give in!