cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Rift -S be plugged in at the same time as CV1?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can Rift -S be plugged in at the same time as CV1? How would the Oculus software work out your guardian, if you have both head sets plugged in and switch between them at times?
29 REPLIES 29

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
It prolly will.
 But I also predict that whatever unit you had running to begin with will have priority, and 2nd wont be activated till you click a box to accept for that device to take over.
Be good, die great !

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Oculus staff - Can you answer this question since I think it's quite important for people who already have a Rift CV1 and are looking to use both headsets? Sometimes I would like to use CV1 for better tracking behind and other times Rift -S, if I feel the tracking is going to be fine.

Better still - Please let Rift -S use the external sensors and I wouldn't need the CV1 still plugged in 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please contract Oculus support for direct response.

MikeF
Trustee
This wont work, just tried it, only 1 output allowed. Even from a software standpoint so much would have to change for it to work the same goes for all games so this isnt likely to happen anytime soon in the future

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MikeF said:

This wont work, just tried it, only 1 output allowed. Even from a software standpoint so much would have to change for it to work the same goes for all games so this isnt likely to happen anytime soon in the future

That has been my thoughts/worries too, but I do hope CV1 + Index will work - changing cables aren't easy on my rig, I'd really dislike not being able to have two HMDs attached at once (and of course only using one at the time). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I did read somewhere that someone had a Rift CV1 & WMR headset plugged in at the same time. So what's different between say a Rift CV1 & Valve index plugged in at the same time, or a Rift CV1 & Rift -S?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I did read somewhere that someone had a Rift CV1 & WMR headset plugged in at the same time. So what's different between say a Rift CV1 & Valve index plugged in at the same time, or a Rift CV1 & Rift -S?

I believe the Oculus software would register both Rift HMDs which may cause a conflict if only one output is allowed. - But the Oculus software would never register the Index. Don't know what happens in SteamVR, though - hope I can disable the CV1 in SteamVR if needed. I do hope that I can just put on the Index and SteamVR will start automatically, we'll see. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nalex66
MVP
MVP

MikeF said:

So when you add a new headset in the Oculus app, does it delete the old one? Does it ask you to unplug it?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

MikeF
Trustee
Both show up for me but it only shows one at a time as active and it appears to be whatever gpu port is being queried first by home