cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would my prescription lens inserts fit in the Rift S?

squidbreakfast
Protege
So I got prescription lenses for my Oculus Rift for €95 and I was wondering if they would fit on the Rift S too. It would be a real bummer if they didn't. I'm about to pre-order the new HMD and I cannot find any info on this with my inferior google skills.

Any insights would much appreciated.
I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

6 REPLIES 6

lensmandave
Superstar
Yeah, that will be interesting to discover, I have the inserts too. However, the Rift S should be more accommodating for regular prescription glasses, so I'll find out next week 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

deleted while I fact check!

squidbreakfast
Protege

Yeah, that will be interesting to discover, I have the inserts too. However, the Rift S should be more accommodating for regular prescription glasses, so I'll find out next week 🙂
Please do let us know 🙂 you getting one?

I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glasses are a LOT better in the S than CV1...that said...it's still not incredibly comfortable.  Inserts would def be better.

laudbrian
Explorer
If you have a Rift S or Quest, I've been using these magnetic lens prescription adapters as they have totally changed my VR experience comfort wise, no more scratches or fog. Easy to remove if you're sharing with other users as the wife and kid have perfect eyesight. They are half the price of competitors WidomoVR, VR Optician and 3D printed just like the rest of them. All you need are these magnetic adapters https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-rift-s-magnetic and $9.95 prescription lens from Zenni 

DBrownbear89
Honored Guest
@laudbrian so you just buy the zenni's and pop them out and they fit perfectly into this? Anyone familiar with VR Lens Lab?