cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking My First Steps In The Oculus Quest

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

https://youtu.be/rmVjcu9MU50

So this week I got a huge surprise in the fact that out of the blue I received a new 64gb Oculus Quest from Oculus. I had absolutely no idea that this was coming and needless to say when the student from shipping and receiving brought the package to my office and I opened it my jaw just about hit the floor!

As many of you know I have been struggling financially lately after buying our first house and I really thought that this would be the first launch from Oculus since the DK1 that I was going to miss but low and behold it looks like that is now not going to be the case thanks to the generosity of Oculus.

So for the first video I thought what better than the First Steps demo that new users will go through after setting up the headset... For me most of this was old hat but for a complete newcomer to VR this is going to be an invaluable experience to get them oriented to VR and having six degrees of freedom tracking of both the headset and their hands.... Oh and dancing with that damn robot was an amazing experience even for an old VR vet like me, so I know its gonna blow folks who are new to VR away!

So that's it for the first video on my channel featuring the Oculus Quest but trust me there will be many more to come over the next week as we lead up to launch and beyond so thanks for watching! []-)

Sorry for the horrible audio.. I really need a good but cheap wireless LAV mic so if you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments!

"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice!!! So glad they sorted something out for you, hopefully you'll get a Rift S too!  😄

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@snowdog Thanks man and yeah fingers crossed but I am just happy to have received the Quest.. If they sent a Rift S that would be a huge bonus! []-)
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

god_alom
Adventurer
Not to avoid the question, but how come you got one and I didn't?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm still thinking about getting the Quest as well.

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
Well @Cance11ation I don't know your story but mine goes something like this... I have been in the VR community since the Mid 1990's and watched it rise and fall back then so when Palmer resurrected it from the dead in 2012 I of course took notice and wanted to do everything I could to help spread the word of VR's second coming, so I bought a DK1 and began doing public demos and then a DK2 and decided to take it to a larger audience on YouTube. Over the years I have worked tirelessly to continue promoting VR's second coming to the masses and through doing that developed a following which in turn got the attention of the major VR companies which then lead to them wanting to send me hardware to continue in my vr evangelism.