cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As the title please contain your excitement to this thread only damn you all !!!! 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

362 REPLIES 362

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Damn couldn't resist =

qnjyxnwr0em6.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

Damn couldn't resist =

Ouch, the Rift-S in aus is equivalent to 352 pounds.

Techy111 said:

Full report @DaftnDirect hope the setup is easy and the clarity is worth it 😉 gotta love a garden fence.

I suspect there will be a slightly reduced field of view on account I'll no longer have a view of the field.

neg5uli8br09.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I know I know @kojack damn hype train  😐

skygunner27
Protege
ffuydtbcfxbf.jpgAlmost here!

https://builds.gg/builds/quadstellar-ghost-964
Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S 

CrashFu
Consultant

Techy111 said:

You should of been here in 2016 mate, the joys of the forum then with early preorders and peeps waiting forever. Not days but months. I'd say be patient, I'm sure the wait will be worth it 🙂

Jeez, that was a nightmare.  The store page not even being available (for some people?) for like half an hour after the big countdown hit zero.  Getting an order in ASAP but still ending up with a shipping date like three or four months after the CV1 released.  Palmer rubbing it in everyone's faces with his snarky, apathetic tweets and his PR stunt of hand-delivering the first unit   (and the recipient being like "Oh... okay. :neutral: )

Oculus has really matured as a company since then, and were definitely more prepared this time around. Seems like the majority of people are getting their Rift-S or Quest on release day, within a few days of it, or even a day early.

I'm so excited for tomorrow morning.  Merry Riftmas / Questmas, everyone!
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

bagasten
Explorer
People on REDDIT are saying that the quest store is now active. So if you ordered from someone other than Oculus you might be able to play. I am still waiting for my shipping status from Oculus.

hallelujahuja
Explorer

bagasten said:

People on REDDIT are saying that the quest store is now active. So if you ordered from someone other than Oculus you might be able to play. I am still waiting for my shipping status from Oculus.

Me too :/. This is frustrating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrashFu said:

Techy111 said:

You should of been here in 2016 mate, the joys of the forum then with early preorders and peeps waiting forever. Not days but months. I'd say be patient, I'm sure the wait will be worth it 🙂

Jeez, that was a nightmare.  The store page not even being available (for some people?) for like half an hour after the big countdown hit zero.  Getting an order in ASAP but still ending up with a shipping date like three or four months after the CV1 released.  Palmer rubbing it in everyone's faces with his snarky, apathetic tweets and his PR stunt of hand-delivering the first unit   (and the recipient being like "Oh... okay. :neutral: )

Oculus has really matured as a company since then, and were definitely more prepared this time around. Seems like the majority of people are getting their Rift-S or Quest on release day, within a few days of it, or even a day early.

I'm so excited for tomorrow morning.  Merry Riftmas / Questmas, everyone!

The difference between the launch of the Rift in 2016 and the launches of their other headsets since has nothing to do with the maturity of the company. It's all down to one man - Hans Hartmann.

Before Hartmann became the COO they had an engineer doing the job rather than a businessman. If Hartmann (or somebody actually qualified for the job) was there right at the beginning then the Rift launch would have been smoother and there wouldn't have been a component shortage.

I have now preordered a Rift S, picking it up tomorrow. I'll worry about paying for it later lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Damn couldn't resist =

qnjyxnwr0em6.jpg

Congrats !!

Simek98
Explorer
They sent my Oculus S by UPS 😄
There is not estimated time but at least I know that it is on the way 😄
pz9bybt8a0fd.jpg