The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please - Page 8 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,235 Volunteer Moderator

Techy111 said:
    Damn couldn't resist =
    Ouch, the Rift-S in aus is equivalent to 352 pounds.

Techy111 said:
    Full report @DaftnDirect hope the setup is easy and the clarity is worth it ;) gotta love a garden fence.
    I suspect there will be a slightly reduced field of view on account I'll no longer have a view of the field.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,809 Volunteer Moderator
    I know I know @kojack damn hype train  :|
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• skygunner27skygunner27 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited May 20
    Almost here!

https://builds.gg/builds/quadstellar-ghost-964
    Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S 
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,753 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    You should of been here in 2016 mate, the joys of the forum then with early preorders and peeps waiting forever. Not days but months. I'd say be patient, I'm sure the wait will be worth it :)
    Jeez, that was a nightmare.  The store page not even being available (for some people?) for like half an hour after the big countdown hit zero.  Getting an order in ASAP but still ending up with a shipping date like three or four months after the CV1 released.  Palmer rubbing it in everyone's faces with his snarky, apathetic tweets and his PR stunt of hand-delivering the first unit   (and the recipient being like "Oh... okay. :neutral: )

Oculus has really matured as a company since then, and were definitely more prepared this time around. Seems like the majority of people are getting their Rift-S or Quest on release day, within a few days of it, or even a day early.

I'm so excited for tomorrow morning.  Merry Riftmas / Questmas, everyone!
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • bagastenbagasten Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    People on REDDIT are saying that the quest store is now active. So if you ordered from someone other than Oculus you might be able to play. I am still waiting for my shipping status from Oculus.
  • hallelujahujahallelujahuja Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    bagasten said:
    People on REDDIT are saying that the quest store is now active. So if you ordered from someone other than Oculus you might be able to play. I am still waiting for my shipping status from Oculus.
    Me too :/. This is frustrating.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,585 Valuable Player
    CrashFu said:
    Techy111 said:
    You should of been here in 2016 mate, the joys of the forum then with early preorders and peeps waiting forever. Not days but months. I'd say be patient, I'm sure the wait will be worth it :)
    Jeez, that was a nightmare.  The store page not even being available (for some people?) for like half an hour after the big countdown hit zero.  Getting an order in ASAP but still ending up with a shipping date like three or four months after the CV1 released.  Palmer rubbing it in everyone's faces with his snarky, apathetic tweets and his PR stunt of hand-delivering the first unit   (and the recipient being like "Oh... okay. :neutral: )

Oculus has really matured as a company since then, and were definitely more prepared this time around. Seems like the majority of people are getting their Rift-S or Quest on release day, within a few days of it, or even a day early.

I'm so excited for tomorrow morning.  Merry Riftmas / Questmas, everyone!

The difference between the launch of the Rift in 2016 and the launches of their other headsets since has nothing to do with the maturity of the company. It's all down to one man - Hans Hartmann.

Before Hartmann became the COO they had an engineer doing the job rather than a businessman. If Hartmann (or somebody actually qualified for the job) was there right at the beginning then the Rift launch would have been smoother and there wouldn't have been a component shortage.

I have now preordered a Rift S, picking it up tomorrow. I'll worry about paying for it later lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Damn couldn't resist =

Congrats !!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Simek98Simek98 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited May 20
    They sent my Oculus S by UPS :D
    There is not estimated time but at least I know that it is on the way :D

• SubCogSubCog Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation for my Quest, so I suppose that means it prolly won't be delivered tomorrow.  That's a shame, as I was hoping pre-ordering early would let me in on day 1.
  • DTHDTH Posts: 225
    Nexus 6
    If there is a silver lining for those that have to wait a few days the servers may be overloaded and shut down on the 21st it has happened too a lot of companies over the years.
  • bagastenbagasten Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Well, I was wrong. They are planning on shipping on the 21st. Nice to see that they did the right thing.  Good for you Oculus.
  • virtualeyesnzvirtualeyesnz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It's the 21st here in New Zealand.. and shipping details have arrived from Oculus. It ships today from China, Delivery time 6 days.  I would have been no better off to wait a week after release and buy it from my local store. I really don't think they understand why people preorder.   (SIGH)
  • CrimsonRelicCrimsonRelic Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited May 20
    I was super wrong.  Downloaded that UPS app and look what's coming tomorrow!  I retract my statement.  I WILL purchase from Oculus store in the future!  *Still no tracking info from Oculus though.  
  • ZaharielZahariel Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    So looks like no UK Oculus orders have been sent yet - Mine's still showing as dispatch by the 29th even though they took payment back on the 18th. It'll come when it comes I suppose though looking likely to be after the bank holiday. Was hoping to have a nice 3 day weekend to really sink my teeth into it.
  • SpiceLife72SpiceLife72 Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    UK order through Oculus.  Just got an email at 23:36pm "Your order is on the way", delivery through Yodel. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    Just got back home and got update from Amazon, my Rift S in fact shipped today and is arriving tomorrow the 21st.
    Yay!! 
    Earlier today it showed shipping tomorrow with expected delivery the 23rd.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    So in fact judging by the time you posted, it was in fact posted yesterday and is arriving today ? Lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player
    edited May 20
    My UK delivery is on its way, Rift-S and Quest at a Yodel depot (don't know where yet as their system is closed until tomorrow morning) so maybe delivery tomorrow (later today that is!)
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
  • ZaharielZahariel Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Yodel! Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh They must be having a laugh. If there is any sort of markings on the outside to denote what is in the box then a lot of those will go missing before they even get to final mile courier, let alone fall of the back of his van on the way or are 'handed to resident' when everyone is at work...

Camera is getting setup as soon as I get home from my nightshift.
    Brain Burst

Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S 
    Brain Burst
    edited May 20
    Finally!

• TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    Good stuff. Enjoy.
  • ianmac61ianmac61 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Ordered from Argos and due for delivery today by DHL. 
    When it says “delivered on Tuesday” hope it means today 🤣
    Off work today and tomorrow so wonder what I’ll be up to🤔
    This may give hope to @RedRizla who is waiting an Argos delivery ;)

• pcfarrarpcfarrar Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Got an email at 2.22am from Oculus saying my Rift S has dispatched. Arriving today via Yodel.

• hallelujahujahallelujahuja Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Still no even tracking number :/. Anyone from Poland have it?
  • DeadaceDeadace Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 21
    From Denmark. Got my Quest UPS trackingnumber at 6 o'clock this morning, it's currently in the Netherlands, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow!
  • CGH001CGH001 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    The Mrs just picked her 64gb Quest up from Argos in the UK (she did click and collect and got it from the local store).