cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After new update, right eye in headset stopped working. Only left eye works!

billehedits
Honored Guest
I've tried reinstalling the oculus software, unplugging and replugging in the hdmi, I'm not using any adapters or anything, just straight into the gpu. HELP D Left eye is the only one that works.
17 REPLIES 17

Wiberus
Honored Guest
I'm having exactly the same issue but with the left eye not working. I tried reinstalling everything possible and still only right eye is working. I got replaced my Headset from my retailer and the problem's still there even on the new headset. I've already contacted support and they also want to replace the replacement headset - LOL. They assume that I'm so unlucky that I got two headsets in a row with exactly the same 'harware issue'. 
I've also noticed that as I restart my PC, the headset won't turn on untill I restart oculus services, than it starts with only right screen working. 
What is your graphics card by the way? I'm having an Nvidia GTX 980ti.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here.
After the mandatory driver update, the left "eye"  became extremely bright. A few minutes of troubleshooting later it  stoped working. Support say it's a hardware problem, but don't explain why it showed up just after a software update.
 As I'm out of warranty in a country where a replacement cant be send , guess i will play some pirate simulator until some manufacturer offers worldwide support. By the way, my gpu is a gtx950

Netheri
Rising Star
Hey guys! Not telling it would be a guaranteed fix,but leave headset in "on" mode putting something in front of proximity sensor and leave it there for an 1-2 hour. There's been cases the other screen starts working this way.For one, i had problem similar to John_Armless_22 but it got fixed with couple hours of "on" state. Anyway, worth a try, right?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Netheri said:

Hey guys! Not telling it would be a guaranteed fix,but leave headset in "on" mode putting something in front of proximity sensor and leave it there for an 1-2 hour. There's been cases the other screen starts working this way.For one, i had problem similar to John_Armless_22 but it got fixed with couple hours of "on" state. Anyway, worth a try, right?

Tks,  I'll try this, and report the result in a few hours.  This reminds me of the bad soldering problem in the first Xbox360

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something unexpected: 
- I put some tape in the proximity sensor, but the rift from time to time would turn itself off until I shake it.
- As this seemed like an energy-saving feature, I tried to open the "oculus debug tool" and while I was messing with the "Bypass Proximity check" and "Debug HMD type" options, the left eye came back on!
- Now I' am back in the first stage of the problem: the left side is slightly brighter than normal and has some kind of faint  scanlines.

I'll keep it on for some more time and report the result

Wiberus
Honored Guest
Any update ? Have you guys found any solution?
I tried to play with Debug tool but in my case the left display never comes back on... 

Netheri
Rising Star
@John_Armless_22
Did you get it to work right all the way?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Sandcracka
Adventurer
Did you try restarting your pc?

Netheri
Rising Star

Did you try restarting your pc?

You must be working for Oculus Rift tech support! :smiley: