cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These forums - augh!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear these Oculus forums are driving me crazy. Curious if this happens to anyone else.

Every few weeks, I will open the forums only to find myself logged out for some unexplained reason. I then have to go to the Oculus main page, and log in from there. Once logged in I go back to forums, and still not logged in to them. It stays this way for a while, even though I show logged in on the Oculus main page, until it eventually shows me logged back in on the forums.

I am using MS Edge, and it has been doing this every few weeks for a while now. Drives me batty!

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why on earth are some of you using Internet Explorer and Edge? They exist for one reason and one reason only - to download Chrome or Firefox lol

YoLolo69
Trustee
Exact same problem here, using Firefox. it could work for days and happen suddenly with the same difficult way to login again.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I couldn't login earlier today either mate, was so annoying but it's working for me now obviously.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - Sorry you're running into issues logging into the forums. This is something that we're aware of and have been working to improve for a while now. I don't have much of a status update beyond that unfortunately. As you can probably imagine, things are a little busy around Oculus these days, so we'll need some additional time to keep working on this. In the meantime, heading to Oculus.com, logging in there, navigating back to the forums, and then hitting login there should get you in. I know this workaround is less than ideal, so we appreciate your patience and understanding. We'll get it fixed. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

vannagirl said:

Does this chrome, Firefox, Dolphin and Safari

Facebook don’t care for forums, apparently 

1opvkpho0elx.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone - Sorry you're running into issues logging into the forums. This is something that we're aware of and have been working to improve for a while now. I don't have much of a status update beyond that unfortunately. As you can probably imagine, things are a little busy around Oculus these days, so we'll need some additional time to keep working on this. In the meantime, heading to Oculus.com, logging in there, navigating back to the forums, and then hitting login there should get you in. I know this workaround is less than ideal, so we appreciate your patience and understanding. We'll get it fixed. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated!

I will tell you though logging in at Oculus.com and then trying to login at the Forum does not work for me, it just hangs there on the forum with the status bar moving back and forth. Eventually after several minutes or even up to an hour, refreshing page it will then show logged in.

Maybe a more simple fix might be to get it where it does not log us out?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Yeah the world around works sometimes and other times it doesn't. Sometimes your just completely locked out for 2-4 hours and there's nothing you can do.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I have the same problem with login

Also, quotes are horrible here.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2