cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As the title please contain your excitement to this thread only damn you all !!!! 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

362 REPLIES 362

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got mine hooked up and played around a little in Home.
Looking pretty sweet! Watched the intro to Star Trek Bridge Crew, that looked good also.
Definitely better clarity - not huge amount, but certainly some for sure.

Oh and the Klipsch R6 II Earbuds I had ordered to have for this, sound is very good in the Rift S!
Certainly better than the CV1 Earbuds or Headphones.

Off to check out IL-2 and DCS.

lensmandave
Superstar
moved.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

kojack
MVP
MVP
It's wednesday, my rift-s and quest have been in hong kong with fedex since monday. If this was DHL I'd get it today, but Fedex still say wednesday next week. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CrimsonRelic
Protege
I've been home from work, watching this UPS truck on the app go around and around my house within 3 miles for 3 hours.  Deliver to me already, lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rift S looking pretty sweet so far!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh and tried the Pass Through feature of the Rift S to see if I could use the keyboard with it on.
Image is pretty grainy and hard to see what keys are what.

But for just generally seeing your environment, handy feature. I assigned it in the settings menu to two presses of Oculus button to activate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I drove to Best Buy (13 miles) and got there as they were opening the doors. Looked around for a moment (no VR demos available) and then picked up my Rift S and returned home. To my surprise, Amazon had delivered the Rift S I ordered and it was sitting on my door mat. LOL. Installing some games now.

dhdit6x49uur.jpg

vannagirl
Consultant

So I drove to Best Buy (13 miles) and got there as they were opening the doors. Looked around for a moment (no VR demos available) and then picked up my Rift S and returned home. To my surprise, Amazon had delivered the Rift S I ordered and it was sitting on my door mat. LOL. Installing some games now.

dhdit6x49uur.jpg

So you have 2 now?

as I say before, you are totes marriage material  😛
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zahariel
Expert Protege
Well my afternoon flew by - Watched the final episode of GoT and then the Rift-S arrived. Been inside it pretty much ever since. I am blown away with my first VR experience and I've only really scratched the surface of what it can do having only really played BeatSaber.

Good thing I have the next few days off... yipee!!

CrashFu
Consultant

Was one of those Rift-S's a typo for 'Quest' or did you really order two?  Hah, either way, glad you got home before any package-thieves spotted it!   If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your PC after setup, before you jump into the actual games... otherwise the tracking might act up a little for that first session!

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.