cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Super Sampling problem?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Set Super Sampling to 2.0 using Rift S and my hands are stuttering like crazy in Oculus Home. Unplugged Rit S and tried Rift CV1 with 2.0 Super Sampling and it works smooth with no crazy hand stuttering?
8 REPLIES 8

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Maybe the higher res is causing trouble. You could try to check OTT Performance HUD, maybe CV1 ss 2.0 is equal to Rift-S ss 1.8? Or something like that... In Home I don't get ss 2.0 using the CV1 even if I try - Home has some sort of adaptive ss. So I get something like ss 1.8 when trying to force 2.0.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - What SS do you use in Oculus Home for Rift S?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I have the CV1 - I set Oculus Tray Tool to ss 2.0 (Global), but using the Oculus Tray Tool Pixel Density HUD I can see that I'm only getting ss 1.8 in Oculus Home. But I get ss 2.0 in the games. I'm confident it's because Home forces some kind of adaptive ss. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
BTW, you don't have any problems switching between CV1 and Rift-S? Just unplug one and connect the other? 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - I had a slight problem switching but will need to test more. When I unplugged both the Hdmi and usb on Rift CV1, I don't think it was a problem. However, I tried just unplugging the usb on Rift CV1 with Rift S connected, and I was greeted with a blank screen on all my displays including my monitor :#

I then had to cold boot my PC five times and I was presented with the Bios screen. I loaded my bios setting and I'm alright again now. Just don't try it with only the usb on Rift CV1 disconnected. Unplug both the hdmi and usb. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Fixed now. I think I went a bit crazy with the SS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Fixed now. I think I went a bit crazy with the SS.

How does super sampling look in Rift S compared to CV1 ? 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Just evens out the jaggies really like with the CV1. It's also more noticeable in some games more then others.