cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck downloading update

RichHoldsworth
Honored Guest
I've tried two devices now, on two networks.
Both have got stuck downloading the device update during setup. The blue progress bar almost reaches the end but then it just stops.
Anyone else experienced this? Any solution?
I've tried rebooting, it just goes back to the downloading update screen...
29 REPLIES 29

Techy111
MVP
MVP
What phones are you using ? Android or iPhone? Is the IOS above 10 on the apple and is the android above 6.0 marshmallow? Bit more info fella 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RichHoldsworth
Honored Guest
Running Android Pie. Pixel 2.
I really don't think it's anything to do with the phone. The problem is on device.
As soon as it learned my WiFi it started the download and then just hangs. The blue bar never fills.

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Same here. But I think it is while the setup procress. That means the headset is updating infos while the setup. Just go through it to the end on your phone.
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

danielpeixe
Protege
Same here, it's been stuck with the updating screen for ever. My phone app wont let me finish setup , in the middle of it , it says that he can't find the headset, even though in the main menu it clearly says the headset is connected to the phone.  I'm wondering if I need to do factory reset.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Any of you guys using a rooted phone ? Could be an issue. But I'd recommend you all contact support asap
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

iN5OMANiAC
Protege
It stays at 99% until you accept the saftey agreement on your phone

jkendric
Honored Guest
I am running into this as well.  Tried with both stock iPhone X and iPad.  Have done multiple factory resets and tried on multiple wifi routers. Not sure what to do.  Just stuck on downloading screen with bar at 50% and phone first says "something went wrong try again" and then I get a headset did not connect message.  Frustrated here....

jkendric
Honored Guest
I figured out my issue.  Must be something with my home network (maybe firewall?).  I had it connect to the hotspot on my phone and it seems to be working now....

justing
Explorer
I had the same issue and fixed it. I had my phone on my cellular network and if you are like me, you might have more than one home network. Make sure the network connection you choose for the Quest is the same wifi network your phone is on at the time of the setup. It actually worked on the cellular network up until the update, so it can fool you.

I hope this helps some of you out.

On a side note, took me FOREVER to give you guys this answer. Their servers were throwing "too many requests" (429) when trying to login. Guess launch day for 2 products overran their services a bit.