New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Comments

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    edited May 21
    moved.
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,542 Volunteer Moderator
    It's wednesday, my rift-s and quest have been in hong kong with fedex since monday. If this was DHL I'd get it today, but Fedex still say wednesday next week. :(

• CrimsonRelicCrimsonRelic Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I've been home from work, watching this UPS truck on the app go around and around my house within 3 miles for 3 hours.  Deliver to me already, lol
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,721 Valuable Player
    Rift S looking pretty sweet so far!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    edited May 21
    Oh and tried the Pass Through feature of the Rift S to see if I could use the keyboard with it on.
    Image is pretty grainy and hard to see what keys are what.

But for just generally seeing your environment, handy feature. I assigned it in the settings menu to two presses of Oculus button to activate.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    So I drove to Best Buy (13 miles) and got there as they were opening the doors. Looked around for a moment (no VR demos available) and then picked up my Rift S and returned home. To my surprise, Amazon had delivered the Rift S I ordered and it was sitting on my door mat. LOL. Installing some games now.

• ZaharielZahariel Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    Well my afternoon flew by - Watched the final episode of GoT and then the Rift-S arrived. Been inside it pretty much ever since. I am blown away with my first VR experience and I've only really scratched the surface of what it can do having only really played BeatSaber.

Good thing I have the next few days off... yipee!!
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    So I drove to Best Buy (13 miles) and got there as they were opening the doors. Looked around for a moment (no VR demos available) and then picked up my Rift S and returned home. To my surprise, Amazon had delivered the Rift S I ordered and it was sitting on my door mat. LOL. Installing some games now.
    Was one of those Rift-S's a typo for 'Quest' or did you really order two?  Hah, either way, glad you got home before any package-thieves spotted it!   If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your PC after setup, before you jump into the actual games... otherwise the tracking might act up a little for that first session!

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    Yeah. I have 2 Rift Ss now. Tracking has been fine. Want to test a little more before I share my thoughts.
    Spent most of the afternoon flying IL-2 in the new Rift S.
    I am quite pleased.
    Don

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,737 Valuable Player
    dburne said:
    I am quite pleased.
    What's the difference? 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    edited May 21
    MowTin said:
    dburne said:
    I am quite pleased.
    What's the difference? 
    Namely image clarity. Reading instruments much easier now, plus of course sharper image overall.
    Also reading maps and mission briefings much better.
    Don

dburne said:
    Namely image clarity. Reading instruments much easier now, plus of course sharper image overall.
    What about spotting? 
    MowTin said:
    dburne said:
    What about spotting? 
    I think it is better, but to be truthful I have been flying SP only with labels on so have not really tried too hard.
    Will have a better look at that tomorrow.
    I am sure it is somewhat better, just not sure how much.
    Don

Is the blue light on front of Rift S headset supposed to stay on all the time when Home is closed and headset put away?
    Don

• edmgedmg Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    Quest just arrived from Amazon... at least a handful of the games I've previously bought are free, so I'll give it a try shortly.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,154 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah. I have 2 Rift Ss now. Tracking has been fine. Want to test a little more before I share my thoughts.

Some here, I tend to scrutinize stuff that's changed and there are quite a few small things that don't really feel better or worse... just different as well as some things that are bigger differences. So I'll give it a few days before sharing I think.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
    kojack said:
    It's wednesday, my rift-s and quest have been in hong kong with fedex since monday. If this was DHL I'd get it today, but Fedex still say wednesday next week. :(

(((hug)))
    Don

• KkhromeKkhrome Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    For all you Australians or there, my Rift S just arrived in NSW so I would assume so did everyone's? Delivery date is still for next Wednesday the 29th for Brisbane but might get it earlier now? Here's hoping.
  • SubCogSubCog Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Well they never sent me the shipping confirmation (even though they sent me an email last week saying I should wait for a shipping email), but my Quest was waiting on my door step when I got home today.

So far I did the tutorial stuff with my 11 year old son, and then I played about 20 minutes of Robo Recall, which really looks surprisingly great, despite the bad screenshots.  I'm excited to try some more games later this week, although they are alot more expensive than the Go games.

Anyone hear if Cloudlands Golf is coming to Quest?
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    Yeah, I was quite impressed by Robo Recall. I've played it quite a bit on the Rift and was expecting a significant reduction in graphics, but it actually looks very good.

No idea about Cloudlands Golf, but I'd probably buy it if it does come out.
    Kkhrome said:
    For all you Australians or there, my Rift S just arrived in NSW so I would assume so did everyone's? Delivery date is still for next Wednesday the 29th for Brisbane but might get it earlier now? Here's hoping.
    Mine still say Lantau Island Hong Kong.

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    edited May 21
    kojack said:

Ya, exactly the same here mate.  I wish I had known Aussie Amazon could have delivered this earlier for the same price.  Next time I will know better, lol!  

Edit; maybe a simple Fedex tracking reporting error and we will get it tomorrow, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

TomCgcmfc said:
    kojack said:

Ya, exactly the same here mate.  I wish I had known Aussie Amazon could have delivered this earlier for the same price.  Next time I will know better, lol!  

Edit; maybe a simple Fedex tracking reporting error and we will get it tomorrow, lol!
    The Oculus store page for both the Rift and Go list amazon au as an australian alternative place to buy, but Rift-S and Quest pages don't, so I didn't bother checking (plus amazon au typically overcharge and have limited range). And the last 3 things I've bought from Oculus direct have shipped very fast.

I got 2 sms's from Fedex saying "Unfortunately your shipment has been delayed. We'll confirm the planned delivery date soon". That was on monday.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,681 Valuable Player
    Jezz - They expect them to deliver 15 parcels ever hour if it's an 8 hour day? That's near enough 2 parcels every 5 mins.
  • profanicusprofanicus Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited May 22
    kojack said:

Same. And (as I see others have mentioned)  Amazon Au has them in stock same price for delivery on Friday. It's disappointing.
    The original Rift arrived lightning fast!
    20min ago mine reached matraville (somewhere down south). For sydney people that could be delivery tomorrow. But brisbane takes another day or more to go up the coast. So maybe friday. That would be good, since I'm working tomorrow but not friday.
    Estimate is still next wednesday.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,154 Volunteer Moderator
    RedRizla said:
    Jezz - They expect them to deliver 15 parcels ever hour if it's an 8 hour day? That's near enough 2 parcels every 5 mins.
    Our local Yodel did 180 parcels yesterday so it's a pretty full day for them. I guess some deliveries were like mine, 2 parcels (2 separate tracking no.s) to the same address.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)