cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if you can get an extension for Rift S?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Does anyone know if you can get an DP extension cable for Rift S and how far can it be extended?
85 REPLIES 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a few cables to test. I have a 6 foot and a 10 foot. Will try when I get my headset.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@TheRealCyber - Yes. do let us know and if it works which cable it is please. Does the Rift S have a 9ft cable to start of with? It would be awesome if it can use a 10ft extension if it already has a 9ft one to begin with. That way I could play it in another room if it extends to 19ft in total.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The default cable is 5 meters so around 16 feet. That might be okay, but I'm hoping at least the 6 foot cable will work. That would be 22 feet total which should be enough for my room.

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
I agree actually. I would love about 20-22 feet. Honestly, I would love a good wireless solution, but 22 feet would allow a solid compromise. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@TheRealCyber - What about 10ft or even longer Cyber?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 10 foot cables, I haven't tried them yet. Let me take a look later today.

jwvanderbeck
Explorer
Are you using the same USB extensions from the previous Rift?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the same USB extensions from the previous Rift?

No, I bought new cables. One because Rift S is DisplayPort (rather than HDMI) and two I wanted new cables to test with, especially for 6 feet (the Rift S cable is longer than Rift CV1 so you don't need to extend as far).