cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Foam Comfort

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Loving the Quest so far but I am finding the material is quite abrasive on my forehead, leaving a red mark after 10 minutes or so. Aside from using a replacement foam, anyone have a suggestion to make it more comfortable?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
16 REPLIES 16

Badmonk
Protege
Headband?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
VR Cover is out for this I believe. I find the face foam very comfortable, but I'm finding the back strap a bit tight/stiff. I think it's probably due to it being so new though. It's similar to the Rift CV1, and after 3 years of use, the strap on my Rift CV1 is very flexible.

Javelin396
Adventurer
yea my biggest issue so far is with the comfort of the cushion, and i knew right away that i was gonna have to get the vr cover replacement kit

Sicktrash
Expert Protege

Aidens12 said:

yea my biggest issue so far is with the comfort of the cushion, and i knew right away that i was gonna have to get the vr cover replacement kit

Can you add a link? I'm not familiar with this kit

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
When I first got my Go it did that, but after it was broken in a little it was more comfortable.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Sicktrash said:

Aidens12 said:

Can you add a link? I'm not familiar with this kit

Here.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Omg it wasn't such an issue till I played super hot and got super sweaty! It's not v comfy at all. Ouchy

enigma01
Trustee
I had the VRCover replacement interface for my Rift and preferred to use their standard foam. Imho I don’t think that it reduced the pressure on my face anymore than the standard Quest foam. I’m wondering if just the VR cover cotton cover will improve comfort enough for me as it won’t be so abrasive on the face. Does anyone have experience of those, I never tried them? 

atkinsonline
Expert Protege
I’ve ordered one of these wide head straps as shown in this video. Looks like it will make a big difference to spreading the weight front to back. 
https://youtu.be/dVPODlW4Z_8