cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on Insight?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just received my Oculus Quest and I like the ability to see the room around me when setting my boundaries.  

Is there a way way to activate the room view ( I think it’s called Insight) at any time when wearing the headset?  How do I activate that mode to see the room?

thx!!
18 REPLIES 18

Dreagleg
Protege
You mean Passthrough? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you walk past the guardian wall it will automatically show up. Not sure if there is a way to manually turn on yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dizzy1007 said:

if you walk past the guardian wall it will automatically show up. Not sure if there is a way to manually turn on yet.

Thank you, that helps somewhat.  I still think it would be great to be able to switch to on the fly!  I’m hoping there is a way to do it!

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
I agree. Like a long press on the left controller menu button or something

MikeF
Trustee
This was a feature early on but has since been disabled due to safety concerns. Most likely wont be coming back

Anonymous
Not applicable
nononono we want this... I came here just for this tonight. I was having fun chatting with my kids and walked out of range a few times just to make "eye contact" while we chatted.  It's a thing we want at a button press.  What safety concern could there be? I'm being serious. I can't think of one.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
You go into the setting on the dash in Oculus Home. Click on experiment and then switch on the pass through short cut. Then when you double tap the Oculus button on the controller you see your room through the camera's, if that's what you are looking to do.

You can also select setting while in the Oculus dash, then click on the dash option and switch on pass through while still seeing the dash and your room at the same time, but that's limited from 15 seconds to 5 mins.

DJay_
Explorer
Sorry to ask, but I can't find " Click on experiment" on my Quest Settings. Maybe I can't see the wood for the trees? By "dash" you mean the bar on the bottom? 0bpjfyza55nb.png

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

You go into the setting on the dash in Oculus Home. Click on experiment and then switch on the pass through short cut. Then when you double tap the Oculus button on the controller you see your room through the camera's, if that's what you are looking to do.

You can also select setting while in the Oculus dash, then click on the dash option and switch on pass through while still seeing the dash and your room at the same time, but that's limited from 15 seconds to 5 mins.

Yeah, that works on Rift s, but the question was how to do it on Quest. Apparently you can't, but it has been requested on the UserVoice forum, so everyone please go there and vote for it!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo