New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Super Sampling problem?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,771 Valuable Player
Set Super Sampling to 2.0 using Rift S and my hands are stuttering like crazy in Oculus Home. Unplugged Rit S and tried Rift CV1 with 2.0 Super Sampling and it works smooth with no crazy hand stuttering?

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,914 Valuable Player
    Maybe the higher res is causing trouble. You could try to check OTT Performance HUD, maybe CV1 ss 2.0 is equal to Rift-S ss 1.8? Or something like that... In Home I don't get ss 2.0 using the CV1 even if I try - Home has some sort of adaptive ss. So I get something like ss 1.8 when trying to force 2.0.  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,771 Valuable Player
    @RuneSR2 - What SS do you use in Oculus Home for Rift S?
    I have the CV1 - I set Oculus Tray Tool to ss 2.0 (Global), but using the Oculus Tray Tool Pixel Density HUD I can see that I'm only getting ss 1.8 in Oculus Home. But I get ss 2.0 in the games. I'm confident it's because Home forces some kind of adaptive ss. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

BTW, you don't have any problems switching between CV1 and Rift-S? Just unplug one and connect the other? 

edited May 21
    @RuneSR2 - I had a slight problem switching but will need to test more. When I unplugged both the Hdmi and usb on Rift CV1, I don't think it was a problem. However, I tried just unplugging the usb on Rift CV1 with Rift S connected, and I was greeted with a blank screen on all my displays including my monitor :#

I then had to cold boot my PC five times and I was presented with the Bios screen. I loaded my bios setting and I'm alright again now. Just don't try it with only the usb on Rift CV1 disconnected. Unplug both the hdmi and usb. 

Fixed now. I think I went a bit crazy with the SS.
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 228
    Nexus 6
    RedRizla said:
    Fixed now. I think I went a bit crazy with the SS.
    How does super sampling look in Rift S compared to CV1 ? 
    edited May 22
    Just evens out the jaggies really like with the CV1. It's also more noticeable in some games more then others.