cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my new Rift S - problem with display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having issue with my new Rift S I got hooked up today.
Everything was fine and it worked quite well, put headset up and closed Oculus Home.
Noticed the light in headset was still white and the blue light on front of headset was still illuminated.

Put headset back on, Oculus Home opened on desktop and I had audio, but no video.
Could not get video back until I restarted the computer.

After restarting the computer, put headset on and Oculus Home launched and I had display in headset again.
However after taking headset off and putting way, again same as above - lights stayed on , got audio but no video in headset.

It would seem after first use, any subsequent uses end up with no display in headset and have to reboot the PC to get it working again.
Headset shows green and connected in Oculus Home desktop app.

Edit: When Rift S set aside and Home closed , blue light on front does go out - light in headset remains white.
So currently after using one time and closing Home, subsequent use will give no display unless PC is restarted. I tried just restarting the Oculus Service, and that did not get it to work. Only reboot would.

284 REPLIES 284

dan9700
Honored Guest
same issue, it went crazy and I had to do the set up again and the display kept going off, im using a 1080ti

Chips4hoy
Protege
I unplugged and replugged the displayport adapter and managed to create my guardian space, but just a few seconds later I end up with nothing but static.  Restarting my pc did the trick, but again after a few seconds it goes from being able to see the room around me to static.  I used my phone to capture my experience.  Anyone else know how to fix this issue?  It's sad to see this on Day 1 of ownership..
Edit:  I blacked out my friends list lol
ctzys5dhct24.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you found a fix.

I have not found a fix yet.

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

Don, have you tried the 'unplug display port cable/reinsert cable' fix? 
It woke mine up ::smile:
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Dave

No will certainly give it a try this morning.
Did it permantly fix the issue for you or do you have to unplug each time after use?

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

dburne said:

Dave

Did it permantly fix the issue for you or do you have to unplug each time after use?

Well, I tried closing Oculus home and restarting a few times..so far so good 🙂
Will try a complete PC shut down and reboot later..I'm having too much fun with this awesome headset!
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

dburne said:

Dave

Will try a complete PC shut down and reboot later..I'm having too much fun with this awesome headset!
Dave

Ok thanks will give it a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

dburne said:

Dave

Dave

Ok unplugged the Display Port connection for about a minute or so, and plugged back in.
Unfortunately issue still remains.
Put headset on and all was good.
Took headset off and closed Oculus Home.
Put headset back on and got audio, but no display in Headset.
Rift S shows green and connected in Oculus Home app on desktop.

So for now apparently I am going to have to either unplug display port cable and plug back in, or restart the computer in between gaming sessions throughout the day.

Edit: Or alternatively I guess I could just leave Oculus Home minimized and running all day, though I really do not want to do that. It only happens after removing headset and closing Oculus Home. As long as Oculus Home stays running the display will come back on each time taking off and putting on headset.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well guess I will just leave Oculus Home running all day and minimized. That is the easiest for me at this time - much easier than unplugging and replugging back in or restarting the PC. Hopefully a future Oculus software update will take care of this for me.
I will send feedback to Oculus on this as well.

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

Well guess I will just leave Oculus Home running all day and minimized. That is the easiest for me at this time - much easier than unplugging and replugging back in or restarting the PC. Hopefully a future Oculus software update will take care of this for me.
I will send feedback to Oculus on this as well.

Yeah, I'm going to do the same until a proper fix is found. I don't fancy stressing the display port plug with multiple insertions. I've also sent feedback to Oculus.
Dave