Can't add my Credit Card to Oculus Home — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't add my Credit Card to Oculus Home

LordMelkorLordMelkor Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited July 2017 in Support
Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble adding credit cards to their Oculus Home account?

Everytime I've tried it gives me a message telling me I've entered my cc info incorrectly. But I haven't, and I've tried multiple cards. I called my credit card company to confirm that there's is nothing wrong on my end.

In the ticket I opened (https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/requests/386086), Oculus responded, saying they were looking into it, but it's been almost 2 days and I haven't heard anything back, even after following up.

What is the typical turn around time for support responses?

Comments

• GriffJGriffJ Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Yup same here.

Can't add any of my credit cards to my account, they fail every try. I was able to add my Paypal account but whenever I try to make a purchase it also fails for some reason. My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

After 2-3 days of being more or less ignored by Oculus support I found the kit for the same sale price at BestBuy. After getting my Rift setup I tried to add payment methods to my account and found I couldn't. So all I can have are free apps/games at this point.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating"  I think their issue is rather large, I think many are affected right now though my evidence is only anecdotal after doing searches for people talking about similar issues with Oculus..   
  • LordMelkorLordMelkor Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    GriffJ said:
    [...] My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

After 2-3 days of being more or less ignored by Oculus support I found the kit for the same sale price at BestBuy. After getting my Rift setup I tried to add payment methods to my account and found I couldn't. So all I can have are free apps/games at this point.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating" [...]
    Crazy. I am in literally the EXACT same boat.

Purchase of my Rift kit mysteriously failed--I went and bought the best buy deal instead. Then adding cardto Oculus account failed, I opened a ticket, they said they are "investigating" and they've been ignoring me since, with no updates. So I'm also only stuck with the free stuff.

This is madness.
  • LordMelkorLordMelkor Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    GriffJ said:
    [...] My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating" [...]
    Crazy. I am in literally the EXACT same boat.

Purchase of my Rift kit mysteriously failed--I went and bought the best buy deal instead. Then adding cardto Oculus account failed, I opened a ticket, they said they are "investigating" and they've been ignoring me since, with no updates. So I'm also only stuck with the free stuff.

This is madness.
  • GriffJGriffJ Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    As I said I was able to add my Paypal to my Oculus account as a payment method, it all seemed to work just fine until I try to purchase something. 

I get this:  "Error - Request Not Completed - We noticed something unusual and, for your security, this request couldn't be completed. Please try again later, or visit our Help Center."

Hey Oculus, I waive my security..  Let me buy a damn game already. :disappointed:
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the wait. We are experiencing heavy ticket volume and responses are delayed. Please be patient and we will get back to you. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • hyde7916hyde7916 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    We've noticed something unusual and, for your security, this request couldn't be completed. Please try again later, or visit our Help Centre. what's up?? anyone can help me??

• VernixVernix Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Still happening in December. Can;t add payment details and now they're taunting me with their flash sale goodies. TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY FFS!
  • BlueIceshardBlueIceshard Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I hope they fix this issue and bring back the sale again, when finally everybody is able to use the store. I am having trouble too, the support was not able to help yet
  • VernixVernix Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    UPDATE - got it working.

My initial experience was that whilst I was able to add the card, payment kept failing.
    So I removed the card details thinking that I had entered the wrong info, but then found I couldn't add it back in.

Turns out when you add a card, Oculus make a test transaction to check that the card is valid.  I'm in the UK and my bank blocked the transaction (I guess because it was unusual activity).  They sent me a text (YMMV) so that I could confirm the transaction.
    Once I'd cleared it with my bank, I was able to re-add the card and everything is working fine. I'm guessing there some security in the background that prevents you adding a card if it's marked as blocked or something.

Hope this helps someone.
  • mtcmusicmtcmusic Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I’m having the failed add payment method issue as well. Just got my Rift setup, but can’t buy any games! Was told by customer support to change computer or network. Tried that and no success. Really annoying. Went into my PayPal and oculus vr llc not blocked or anything like that, so problem on their end.
  • decexdecex Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I’m having the same problem. Rang my bank and they say they are not blocking any payments. Tried multiple browsers and internet connections as suggested by the support team and still can’t add a credit or debit card. 
    edited December 2017
    Best to speak with us on the support ticket in terms of payment issues, as each case may be unique.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • mtcmusicmtcmusic Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Best to speak with us on the support ticket in terms of payment issues, as each case may be unique.
    Yes, I agree. Would love to speak to CS on ticket. Unfortunately, feedback is sparse. I wish CS would follow through and try to resolve an issue without waiting at least 24 hours to reply to each interaction.
    I see your ticket. It looks like it left off with us asking a few things and we're currently waiting for a response. Please follow up with us on the ticket so we can proceed. Thanks.
  • shannon.caudill.1232shannon.caudill.1232 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yep same problem here i guess they are loosing a lot of $$$$
  • intractableblobintractableblob Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having this problem as well. Cannot add a new payment method at all.

Tried multiple (known working) cards on Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Also tried Android via Chrome. None work. The most frustrating part is that my same Paypal account used to be linked and it worked before. But recently I removed it to add a CC instead. Now it wont add any payment methods whatsoever!

Wanted to buy several Winter sale games for over a week. Ongoing ticket with Customer Support is unresolved. Issue is with oculus and their payment information storage software, not my credit cards or paypal.

OCULUS YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND CUSTOMER GOOD WILL

• FaberFaber Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    BUYER BEWARE: Oculus does NOT stand by their own refund policies. I picked up several games over the holidays and when I returned the ones that were awful or just would even install from the Oculus home marketplace I was denied a refund even though I had not even played the game ( or even was able to install it). here is how Oculus treats their customers: Hello, Thanks for reaching out to us. After review of your account, we've identified that you have requested a high number of content refunds within a short period of time. As a result, your account has been flagged for potential abuse of the policy and this refund request has been denied. For more information on the Content Refund Policy, please visit https://www.oculus.com/legal/rift-content-refund-policy/ If you believe this decision has been reached in error, please let us know. Thank you, Luke Oculus Support
  • FIOSODESIGNFIOSODESIGN Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Bro they’re never going to resolve a support ticket on this issue, every single person I know with an Oculus go cannot add a payment method and when they finally figure out some way to link a paypal account without error it then will not put a purchase through. When you contact support they will act as if they never heard about this issue before, even when every single person I know is having the same issue with their account. The fact that they are bieing generic and dishonest in reference to their responses to the payment issue, it leads one to think whats the real issue? Free games are less demanding of processor resources on oculus go, I’ve heard tons of issues with overheating and battery problems so this may be their way off limiting the issue by buyer blocking everyone from purchses. No matter what the real answer is, it’s no doubt a scam if this is how their tricking people into waiting for a resolution and passing the 14-day return policy at their only retailer “Best Buy”. I’ve literally told every one I know who has mentioned this product to not buy it until they fix this issue, I would suggest that every good hearted, honest person do the same. Our dollars are the real power here and they are conducting business in a way we don’t like simply don’t support that particular company and purchase from their competitors until they cease to exist. That’s the American way.... These support guys never resolve this issue and completely act like that don’t give a damn at all by not offering some kind of resolution right now for paying customers but if you contact them you will be as pissed as I am after the give you absolutely no answers then say they must follow up be email when actually they never reply to the ticket again, of course until long after your return policy has expired, shameful. We are all returning our oculus Go’s back today. I suggest you do the same and I garuntee when they feel it financially they will stop playing this game with PAYING CUSTOMERS, man you guys are funny 
    Adding payment methods is not an issue for the vast majority of users. If you're having a problem, please feel free to contact us for help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
  • rughur.pierrefendrerughur.pierrefendre Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Adding payment methods is not an issue for the vast majority of users. If you're having a problem, please feel free to contact us for help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    Totally incorrect. I live in Czech Republic and none of my business colleagues (Multinational IT Company) has been able to add a payment method. I was able to chat with 30 people on the company forum who are in the same situation as me.
  • TheRedKatBoxTheRedKatBox Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    its march 2019 and i still cantt even buy a RIFT headset. All the stores within 200 miles are out of stock and amazon doesnt even have it except from third parties who want more than oculus does. ive filed a support ticket and gotten no response. after reading this forum ive checked my isp location(which is correct to the city), ive used VPNs, ive even tried to add my card on my cellular data and another ISP but still to no avail. I really want a rift headset. My debit card doesnt work and as with many others my paypal will connect but will fail every single time. i can not even add my card to checkout. or add it to my payment info to buy games. i know my card is good because i can still buy games from steam, order delivery food, and works in POS systems. i called my bank and they said the card was good. i saw the 1 dollar ping to my bank and the refund from that so i thought i was good. then an hour later i get the order canceled email with absolutely no info, submit a ticket with a 'thanks for your patience, we are looking into this' with still no detail. i tried to order through another account entirely, with a different card and nothing. this is getting super irritating. this has just been a headache and all i want is a rift headset.
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is there any pattern to this? What countries do people with this problem come from?

Also, it seems it could help to use PayPal instead of using the credit card directly... but clearly it must be an Oculus problem when these cards can be used with Amazon and such.
  • NugTheNuggetNugTheNugget Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I just got an oculus quest and I can’t add any cards to my oculus account so I can’t get any games. Anyone figure out a fix?
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    Me too!  Just got my Oculus Quest.  Can't add a payment method!