cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

ryanphillipthom
Explorer
sgn3sakg67ze.jpegDoes it look like this? I’m seeing something similar. 

Ryberg95
Honored Guest
i get the same, have tried it 2 diffrent pc

RattyUK
Trustee
Have you seen the comment about enabling the camera in settings under Win 10?

Just in case :smile:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thx, camera was enabled.ryanphillipthomas said:
no not like this, setup says that i have to manage last things in VR, there is a video playing, but when i get my rift on, there is no picture, all black. but white led is working

sgn3sakg67ze.jpegDoes it look like this? I’m seeing something similar. 

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
Same here. i tried all suggestions and more but nothing works, just white led and sound but only black screen. I opened a support ticket yesterday but they still havent responded. and i'm not seeing much help here on the forum aswell from them? Are they even on this site sometimes?

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Had a 980 gtx this morning. All worked. Fine.

Upgraded to 2070 later today, now nothing but black screens in the lenses every min or so.

Going to give the creators update drivers a try... 

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

Upgraded to 2070 later today, now nothing but black screens in the lenses every min or so.

Hi mate, I upgraded too and bought myself RTX 2080, I have the latest drivers and Rift S works fine but seen in other threads over last 24 hours people saying they had to revert back to older drivers to get Rift S working.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

harveysimpson39
Explorer

Hi mate, I upgraded too and bought myself RTX 2080, I have the latest drivers and Rift S works fine but seen in other threads over last 24 hours people saying they had to revert back to older drivers to get Rift S working.

Cheers for your reply. Will report back asap

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Didn't work! 😞