cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So we have to repurchase games?

Scaramoosh
Protege
I was hoping to download games I already own on the store.... but the ones I own like Superhot want to be purchased again.... no thanks. 

If if this is the case the headset it going straight back.
26 REPLIES 26

MikeF
Trustee
this is 100% the developers choice, take it up with them

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Some, but not all games support cross-buy. (SuperHot unfortunately does not.) Games that you own that do support cross-buy will show as "free" in the store.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Scaramoosh
Protege
Forget it then, they could have at the very least had a cheap option for people who already own the game... not rebuking the whole library at those prices.. are they mental? This should be an all in one store. 

JaimieVandenber
Heroic Explorer
https://uploadvr.com/rift-quest-cross-buy-games/ lists games known to be (and not to be) cross-buy.

None of the cross-buy games that I already own for Rift are showing up in the Quest library. No Thumper, no The Climb, no Robo Recall. I'll give it a couple of days, perhaps they're still getting their shit together.

/Edit: Aha! Thanks nalex66, they are indeed showing as "free" in the shop! Fab. Or some are - Thumper is still pay for, and The Climb isn't in there (yet). Robo Recall and Space Pirate Trainer got free though.

Bit peeved by Beat Saber not being cross-buy.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
Wander does not support cross buy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Robo Recall showed up as free but I still cannot find The Climb. Is it even available yet?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
cross buy would be fantastic and i hope it happens more and more... but (for the most part)  PS vita / PSP games were / are not cross buyable with PS2/PS3/PS4 and switch games are not cross buyable with nintendo wii.

the hardware is very different between devices and so it takes a lot of work to port over. Dont get me wrong i would love it if they were and would likely get me to buy a quest if all games were..... but i get why it isnt the case.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Vern_S said:

Robo Recall showed up as free but I still cannot find The Climb. Is it even available yet?

The Climb isn't available yet. That and Eleven Table Tennis are the two cross-buy titles I'm eagerly anticipating.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

https://uploadvr.com/rift-quest-cross-buy-games/ lists games known to be (and not to be) cross-buy.

None of the cross-buy games that I already own for Rift are showing up in the Quest library. No Thumper, no The Climb, no Robo Recall. I'll give it a couple of days, perhaps they're still getting their shit together.

/Edit: Aha! Thanks nalex66, they are indeed showing as "free" in the shop! Fab. Or some are - Thumper is still pay for, and The Climb isn't in there (yet). Robo Recall and Space Pirate Trainer got free though.

Bit peeved by Beat Saber not being cross-buy.

Thumper is supposed to be cross-buy, so I'd hold off on buying it again. The store page says "Supports Quest and Rift," which seems to be the way cross-buy support is indicated. It would be nice if it was made more clear on the store, but from looking at all Quest titles, the ones with cross-buy mention both platforms, and the ones without (like Beat Saber and SuperHot) only mention Quest or Rift on their respective stores. It might be worth reaching out to the dev and asking about Thumper.

jfqcjx5q7657.jpgq10ftt4lypd3.jpg