New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

LomLom Posts: 20
Brain Burst
edited May 22 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....

Comments

• ryanphillipthomasryanphillipthomas Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited May 22
    Does it look like this? I’m seeing something similar. 
  • Ryberg95Ryberg95 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i get the same, have tried it 2 diffrent pc

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 982
    3Jane
    Have you seen the comment about enabling the camera in settings under Win 10?

Just in case :smile:
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • LomLom Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Ok thx, camera was enabled.ryanphillipthomas said:
    no not like this, setup says that i have to manage last things in VR, there is a video playing, but when i get my rift on, there is no picture, all black. but white led is working
    Does it look like this? I’m seeing something similar. 

• Reinart_The_FoxReinart_The_Fox Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Same here. i tried all suggestions and more but nothing works, just white led and sound but only black screen. I opened a support ticket yesterday but they still havent responded. and i'm not seeing much help here on the forum aswell from them? Are they even on this site sometimes?
  • harveysimpson39harveysimpson39 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Had a 980 gtx this morning. All worked. Fine.

Upgraded to 2070 later today, now nothing but black screens in the lenses every min or so.

Going to give the creators update drivers a try... 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,276
    Wintermute

Upgraded to 2070 later today, now nothing but black screens in the lenses every min or so.

Hi mate, I upgraded too and bought myself RTX 2080, I have the latest drivers and Rift S works fine but seen in other threads over last 24 hours people saying they had to revert back to older drivers to get Rift S working.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    Brain Burst

Hi mate, I upgraded too and bought myself RTX 2080, I have the latest drivers and Rift S works fine but seen in other threads over last 24 hours people saying they had to revert back to older drivers to get Rift S working.
    Cheers for your reply. Will report back asap
    Brain Burst
    Didn't work! :(
    Brain Burst
    Will try older game ready ones too but not very optimistic... 
  • MajikkuVRMajikkuVR Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I got same problem: 
    Brain Burst
    The older version of the game ready driver. Doesn't work either!

Imagine -  I should replace my 2070 with a bloody 980 for it to work! 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,276
    Wintermute
    edited May 22
    hmm, that is very strange mate, have you got the latest version of windows installed? 

Also I would try different slots in your GPU and not have other things connected like your monitor or old Rift or anything else plugged into HDMI.

Also try run in admin mode and windows compatibility enabled too.

And don't use any antivirus or have other software running in background like msi afterburner etc.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • spacemonkey67spacemonkey67 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I could not even get past the setup stage of my rift S due to a "graphics driver issue". It says I need to reinstall my graphics driver, and I have many times. I am using a Nvidia GTX 1060 which is enough according to the recommended requirements. Does anyone have a fix to this or is anyone having the same problem? Is there something I'm missing? 
    Brain Burst
    That is soo shitty, got mine today but cannot play because some software error... tryed everything but nothing works, only black picture (in the glasses) Just like the lcd isnt connected or got no signal... 
    Brain Burst
    Do you think nvidea will release a patch or more likely oculus will update firmware? 
  • Reinart_The_FoxReinart_The_Fox Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    I'm in contact with support now, will probably need to get a replacement from them, by the looks of it.  :(
    Brain Burst
    edited May 22
    Also contacted support at 12.00am, nothing till now
    NerveGear
    edited May 22
    I contacted oculus support at 4 pm yesterday and still no response. Would it be smart to contact Nvidia as well?
    Brain Burst
    Given that it worked with my 980 but not my 2070 I think it must be driver related. 
  • RD909RD909 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Lom said:
    Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
    Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
    Hello, black screen issue too, not solved yet.
  • IthsvanIthsvan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I also have the same problem.
  • DetmoldDetmold Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Blackscreen on the app also. It was working days ago, not today. I hope we will have news about this.
  • excalibur2019excalibur2019 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    same here. all i get is a black screen and three white led,s    wtf.  shall be returning it as its just a £399 paperwieght
    Brain Burst
    It was so great with the 980 - I was loving it. I shouldn't have upgraded to the 2070 : it would still be working now! 
    NerveGear
    Update: 

I was prompted with a windows update and after the update finished rift S work like normal. 
    Brain Burst
    hmm, that is very strange mate, have you got the latest version of windows installed? 

Also I would try different slots in your GPU and not have other things connected like your monitor or old Rift or anything else plugged into HDMI.

Also try run in admin mode and windows compatibility enabled too.

And don't use any antivirus or have other software running in background like msi afterburner etc.
    Have tried the above aside from the compatability suggestions which I can't see helping... 

Maybe I should have gone for the 2080 like you.

Brain Burst
    Update: 

I was prompted with a windows update and after the update finished rift S work like normal.

I also have that update -  it must have come out late today (UK)

does it fix issues for other people???? 
  • DetmoldDetmold Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Update: 

I also have that update -  it must have come out late today (UK)

does it fix issues for other people???? 
    I tried the windows update, and it fix nothing on my side.
    Brain Burst
    Did the windows update fix it for anyone else?