cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Battery Life - What's Yours?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Prior to release a lot of talk about how long the Oculus Quest battery lasts from a full charge. I am wondering what people are getting. Obviously browsing the web uses less power than playing Robo Recall. Please post your thoughts remembering to include what you were playing.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
8 REPLIES 8

BillyDee4
Explorer
I got about 2 1/2 hours of play from a full charge before I got the low battery warning. I avoid completely draining rechargeable batteries as doing so can shorten their life.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same. About 2 to 2 1/2 hrs trying different games.

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Yup, easily 2 hours..usually 2.5 hours here

enigma01
Trustee
2.5 hours for me too. Took just over 2 hours to fully charge first time and now has been taking about 1.45 hours. 

gism0e
Explorer
Because the Quest is power hungry I worry about wear on the plug what with charging and down loading pulling the plug in and out so often so I’ve ordered the magnet data/charging cable from Ebay for £5 

Motoman66
Honored Guest
I’m also seeing the same 2 to 2.5 hrs of playtime.  I’m interested in the magnetic power/comms cable option though.  Part number or website?

Yeah I'm getting about 2hrs 15 mins to 2hrs 30 depending on what I'm doing, not too bad for a device like this. I haven't really needed to use it with a power bank so far.

plamoth
Explorer
About 1 hour playing demos. Not impressed at all considering it takes at least 1 hour 45 mins to charge! I think I'll buy a large external battery pack and trail it around the floor......hang on a minute, I thought this was supposed to be wireless? Oh well!