cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Will try older game ready ones too but not very optimistic... 

MajikkuVR
Honored Guest
I got same problem: https://youtu.be/mehkgQ6ws_8

harveysimpson39
Explorer
The older version of the game ready driver. Doesn't work either!

Imagine -  I should replace my 2070 with a bloody 980 for it to work! 

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
hmm, that is very strange mate, have you got the latest version of windows installed? 

Also I would try different slots in your GPU and not have other things connected like your monitor or old Rift or anything else plugged into HDMI.

Also try run in admin mode and windows compatibility enabled too.

And don't use any antivirus or have other software running in background like msi afterburner etc.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

spacemonkey67
Explorer
I could not even get past the setup stage of my rift S due to a "graphics driver issue". It says I need to reinstall my graphics driver, and I have many times. I am using a Nvidia GTX 1060 which is enough according to the recommended requirements. Does anyone have a fix to this or is anyone having the same problem? Is there something I'm missing? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is soo shitty, got mine today but cannot play because some software error... tryed everything but nothing works, only black picture (in the glasses) Just like the lcd isnt connected or got no signal... 

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Do you think nvidea will release a patch or more likely oculus will update firmware? 

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
I'm in contact with support now, will probably need to get a replacement from them, by the looks of it.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also contacted support at 12.00am, nothing till now

spacemonkey67
Explorer
I contacted oculus support at 4 pm yesterday and still no response. Would it be smart to contact Nvidia as well?