cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Given that it worked with my 980 but not my 2070 I think it must be driver related. 

RD909
Honored Guest

Lom said:

Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....

Hello, black screen issue too, not solved yet.
Alienware X51 R3 - Nvidia GTX 970

Ithsvan
Honored Guest
I also have the same problem.

Detmold
Explorer
Blackscreen on the app also. It was working days ago, not today. I hope we will have news about this.

excalibur2019
Honored Guest
same here. all i get is a black screen and three white led,s    wtf.  shall be returning it as its just a £399 paperwieght

harveysimpson39
Explorer
It was so great with the 980 - I was loving it. I shouldn't have upgraded to the 2070 : it would still be working now! 

spacemonkey67
Explorer
Update: 

I was prompted with a windows update and after the update finished rift S work like normal. 

harveysimpson39
Explorer

hmm, that is very strange mate, have you got the latest version of windows installed? 

Also I would try different slots in your GPU and not have other things connected like your monitor or old Rift or anything else plugged into HDMI.

Also try run in admin mode and windows compatibility enabled too.

And don't use any antivirus or have other software running in background like msi afterburner etc.

Have tried the above aside from the compatability suggestions which I can't see helping... 

Maybe I should have gone for the 2080 like you.

harveysimpson39
Explorer

Update: 

I was prompted with a windows update and after the update finished rift S work like normal.

I also have that update -  it must have come out late today (UK)

does it fix issues for other people???? 

Detmold
Explorer

Update: 

I also have that update -  it must have come out late today (UK)

does it fix issues for other people???? 

I tried the windows update, and it fix nothing on my side.