cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Oculus Quest Charger Not Working

IAmJayk
Explorer
[SOLVED]

As mentioned earlier, I now have a solution to the Oculus Quest Charger Not Working’.

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. o5558vv3ma2o.jpeg

You should see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it now and if it works for you if so then like this/mark as answered/comment to let me know it worked. 

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on another Quest since not everyone had this charging issue. 
105 REPLIES 105

Pur3Bolt
Explorer
Alright so what happened to me was that it was charging for the first time completely fine. However today, I tried to charge it during playing and the light didn't come on. I tried charging also after turning it off and no light came on. Only after about 10(?) minutes of it being off did the light show up as amber and charging began.
I also tried a different cable (connected to PC) and it did recognise the Quest on the PC, but the light didn't show up.
Hopefully a software issue...

IAmJayk
Explorer

dc2889 said:

I’m using my switch charger to hopefully add some life to the battery then will go back to quest charger 

So does the switch charger work and does it work well?

IAmJayk
Explorer

I’m having a similar issue. My Quest worked the first charge, then I went to charge it when I ran low and no charging light nor charge happening what so ever. I’ve turned it off and on. Waited for it to cool before trying again, nothing. 

Yeah mine worked fine the first charge, then it all just started messing up. But if you listen closely to the charging adapter, you can hear a crackling noise so maybe it’s that I hope not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got mine yesterday and when it died I tried to charge and nothing. No light. And my brick even unplugged buzzes. Such a disappoint because It was so much fun. I tried to hook it up to my Mac usb c but it says it needs to much power. I am so bummed. 

IAmJayk
Explorer
Update: After several attempts I have got the charger to work, currently charging it to 100% then getting it replaced.

I advise others to try the same, I believe it’s to do with either the power plug (Since it makes a cracking noise when it’s plugged in and after unplugged), or just a fault in the system which may be fixed in an update?

I think it may also be caused by the headset being turned automatically on when put on the head along with the charger being plugged in during that time of it turning on, which may cause a glitch.

I don’t recommend using any other chargers unless they are of the same voltage which is 5W I believe.

Hope this helps y’all. ?

dc2889
Expert Protege
Yea switch charger works great 

dc2889
Expert Protege
At first it didn’t work.make sure you shutdown the quest then plug it in. The light should flash red for a while then white as It will attempt to power on. shut it down and the light will stay on a solid orange color. I believe it’s the charger and the battery that is flawed. the official quest charger buzzing even when unplugged and the battery for not charging after one cycle. the switch charger forces it to take a cycle restarting the battery itself. any charger now working with headset except the official one.

exp5816
Honored Guest
I don't think these headsets were meant to be used while charging in my opinion. Using it while charging's the reason why the headset is burning up so quickly.

jab
Rising Star
Oculus has to know that many players will end up with powerbanks attached to extend play time. So if charging during usage is considered harmfull, it would be disabled. Or at the very least there would be a big disclaimer note in the box and/or manuals. Anything else will just translate into bad press and warranty returns at Oculus's expense..

Right now everything points to some (all?) chargers and/or charging logic in the quest having problems. Hopefully it's fixable by software.

Anonymous
Not applicable
can I buy something at Best Buy to charge it because right now I am dead in the water. It's a 400 dollar  paper weight.