cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my new Rift S - problem with display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having issue with my new Rift S I got hooked up today.
Everything was fine and it worked quite well, put headset up and closed Oculus Home.
Noticed the light in headset was still white and the blue light on front of headset was still illuminated.

Put headset back on, Oculus Home opened on desktop and I had audio, but no video.
Could not get video back until I restarted the computer.

After restarting the computer, put headset on and Oculus Home launched and I had display in headset again.
However after taking headset off and putting way, again same as above - lights stayed on , got audio but no video in headset.

It would seem after first use, any subsequent uses end up with no display in headset and have to reboot the PC to get it working again.
Headset shows green and connected in Oculus Home desktop app.

Edit: When Rift S set aside and Home closed , blue light on front does go out - light in headset remains white.
So currently after using one time and closing Home, subsequent use will give no display unless PC is restarted. I tried just restarting the Oculus Service, and that did not get it to work. Only reboot would.

284 REPLIES 284

ND-VR
Explorer
I´m having the same issue currently. Yesterday I had this issue at the first installation. After i replugged everything, I was able to do the guadrian setup and play some games. Then again, reboot PC, Rift S black. Then reboot, replug, it was ok. Today I wasn´t able to get it back working on two different computers. Old Rift works flawless.

Seems we have a problem here.

inovator
Consultant

ND-VR said:

I´m having the same issue currently. Yesterday I had this issue at the first installation. After i replugged everything, I was able to do the guadrian setup and play some games. Then again, reboot PC, Rift S black. Then reboot, replug, it was ok. Today I wasn´t able to get it back working on two different computers. Old Rift works flawless.

Seems we have a problem here.

The same thing happens to me only when I try to play a steam game called pavlov.  I struggled to  get rift s going again. Did this happen playing steam games or with oculus home games?

RD909
Honored Guest
Black Screen issue too, not solved yet.  😕
Alienware X51 R3 - Nvidia GTX 970

ND-VR
Explorer

inovator said:

The same thing happens to me only when I try to play a steam game called pavlov.  I struggled to  get rift s going again. Did this happen playing steam games or with oculus home games?

Doesn´t matter. Black in black and sound. Has nothing to do with Paylov VR. It´s a good game. Feels like a software issue tbh. Wouldn´t be surprised if an update is released in the next 24 hours. we have already made bets on this among colleagues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
An update to fix this issue would certainly be nice.
Mine only happens if trying to launch Oculus Home again after it has been open and then closed. Never get a display 2nd time I launch it during a session.
Also blue light on headset stays on even when put away after this happens.
 Have to restart PC to get it back.

inovator
Consultant

ND-VR said:

inovator said:

Doesn´t matter. Black in black and sound. Has nothing to do with Paylov VR. It´s a good game. Feels like a software issue tbh. Wouldn´t be surprised if an update is released in the next 24 hours. we have already made bets on this among colleagues.

It does matter in the sense that with me it's only that one game. If I avoid it it didn't happen.

pforsgard
Explorer
I have the same issue. Setup works fine until the continue in VR part. I have audio but no video. White LED in the headset and blue in the front. Seems like this is an issue for many users now,

inovator
Consultant
This is the price us pioneers have to pay. I wish I had the control power to have wait a few months after launch but I hated outside sensors.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Add me to the list of having the same issue.  I'm hoping its a firmware issue

ND-VR
Explorer
Never play on patch day or day one. 😉